The Student Room Group

Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead? Need advice!

Hey all,

As the title suggests, I am looking for a new TV series to watch. I have loved GoT, even though it took a long time for my friend to convince me to watch it. However, now season 4 is over, I am looking for a similarly addictive series. So far, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad seem to be the top contenders. Which one do you think I should start watching first (I'll inevitably end up watching both)? What does each one have to offer?

Let me know what you think about both of them, and any suggestions are appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Both are awesome. I'd suggest breaking bad though.
Reply 2
Watch Breaking Bad,than The Walking Dead both are really good,but BB is bit more better,than watch GAME OF THE THRONE,and finish with Prison Break.

BB>TWD>GOT>PB

Best Series ever!
Reply 3
Original post by Borsalino
Watch Breaking Bad,than The Walking Dead both are really good,but BB is bit more better,than watch GAME OF THE THRONE,and finish with Prison Break.

BB>TWD>GOT>PB

Best Series ever!

But beware Prison Break loses the plot in the last few seasons and becomes really stupid, ruined it for me along with Lost.

But yes they are both good and worth watching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Pulse.
But beware Prison Break loses the plot in the last few seasons and becomes really stupid, ruined it for me along with Lost.

But yes they are both good and worth watching.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the season of PRISON Break were as good as Breaking Bad, a part from the last season..:mad:

I felt disgusted watching the last season of PB
Breaking Bad
Reply 6
Walking Dead imo

Never really got into Breaking Bad, idk why

But... DEXTER

Imo, greatest TV series of all time.
Reply 7
Breaking Bad. The first season of TWD is amazing but after that I couldn't keep interested and stopped watching it somewhere in s3.

Also big points for Dexter though.
I would say BB is better than TWD but as some people have said, Dexter is also very good. In my opinion, the last 2 seasons of Dexter were bad :frown: my favourite seasons were 1, 4 and 6 :smile:
Original post by McMurdo
Hey all,

As the title suggests, I am looking for a new TV series to watch. I have loved GoT, even though it took a long time for my friend to convince me to watch it. However, now season 4 is over, I am looking for a similarly addictive series. So far, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad seem to be the top contenders. Which one do you think I should start watching first (I'll inevitably end up watching both)? What does each one have to offer?

Let me know what you think about both of them, and any suggestions are appreciated!

Both of them are amazing and with game of thrones are by far the three best TV shows. Walking dead is actually a bit underated and character development in season 4 was amazing.

and Silicon valley is really funny too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Breaking Bad. I'm starting this tomorrow once my exams finish. Already watched the pilot last month and had to stop myself from watching the rest!
BB is way better...after season 3, TWD kinda goes downhill...

Both are great series but BB gets you so hooked.

PS: skylar is fit
TWD first season is better, but BB better is long run.

PS: Skylar is a bitch.
Reply 13
Skylar should kill herself. The bitch.
Reply 14
Original post by BBeyond
TWD first season is better, but BB better is long run.

PS: Skylar is a bitch.

Agreed.
Reply 15
Thank you all for suggesting BB. I watched season 1, episodes 1-6 last night. So far, I love it. However, I have to be honest. Walter White is an absolute c***. Perhaps this changes as the season progresses, but, so far, he makes ludicrous decisions which adversely affect those around him; he denies the sort of help most people would LOVE to have and instead opts for crime; then, to top it off, he treats his meth partner like ****, even though HE'S the one always going to him, asking if he wants to "cook". He makes a huge fuss about how dangerous it all is and is just miserable and rude all the time, YET he knows he has other, legal, easier options. It's not noble what he's doing, it's pathetic. I hope his character changes, because he has pissed me off right from the start :tongue:

Edit: now he's turned into a proper criminal and not complaining like a pansy about it, I actually am starting to like him more :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
I have watched all of series 1-3 back to back with no sleep or food... I think it's safe to say I'm hooked.
That's like asking me if I want to keep my left or right nut.. I just can't answer that.

As said earlier, first season of Walking Dead is awesome. Gets a tiny bit boring (but still awesome) at times after the first series but Breaking Bad does that as well. They're both very good.

If you still can't decide, whack on PH and watch a bit of Bonnie Rotten. She's got me through some difficult times.
Breaking bad's worst season is the last season imo. I hated Season 5. Season 1-4 was about clever actions and good problem solving. Season 5 was just kill everyone... -_-
Reply 19
Original post by McMurdo
Hey all,

Breaking Bad all the way! It's an exhilarating show and I know,you'll enjoy it.

I haven't seen the walking dead but I have seen fresh prince of bel air, ken an and kel, scrubs, two and a half men,etc. BB wins by a landslide

Quick Reply

Latest