The Student Room Group

Gap year or biochemistry (Help please)

hello, i need some advice so please help me out!! I wanna do medicine but didn't get any offers for 2006 entry.. I received A in chemistry A in maths and B in biology for A level and A in eco&business in As-level. They are not superb grades but meet the entry requirements. However, i am not sure whether taking a gap year and applying for 2007 entry would be best for me to do or complete a biochemistry degree and apply for a post-graduate entry after 3 years..I would relli appreciate if ne of u guys who were perhaps in the similar situation prevoius years could advise me on wht would be the less riskiest thing to do and more likely to get me into medicine.. thankz..
take a gap year

no point of doing a degree you have no interest in doing for 3 years
Take a GAP year and apply for 2007 entry. You have a very high chance of getting in because you have the actual grades rather than predictions.
Reply 3
Gap year. Medicine as a graduate is bloody expensive - trust me!
Fluffy
Gap year. Medicine as a graduate is bloody expensive - trust me!

Also you're still not guranteed to get a place; only a small number of graduate places is reserved.
Reply 5
Thankz guys..i relli appreciate it.. but is dere ne out dere hu finks biochemistry would be a safer option since my grades aren't tht good and there are some people who have like 5 As?
Reply 6
and there are some people who have like 5 As?
most ppl will probably be predicted 5 A's but you have the actual required grades...so i think u stand a beta chance of getting an interview
Reply 7
hey sumi, im in the same position as u except i have A in bio And Pe but a B in chem, so ull be up against my ****ty grades cos im takin a gap i think, was meant to be goin birm to do medical biochem n was gonna try and do graduate medicine...but after research there seems to be lots less places and u need a 1st for a lot of places to have a chance plus they want experience of 9 months (liverpool said this to me) so why not get your research now, then if you dont get a place for medicine then you can try for biochem next year!! if ya get me
gap year, was worried at first but sooooooo glad i did it!
Reply 9
why wot did you do mate?
I did a biochem degree once and it was bloomin' boring. And hard too! But with your amazing grasp of the English language have you ever considered that as your major?

Latest

Trending

Trending