The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Leeds, leicester (if you can put up with it), durham, MANCHESTER!!!, birmingham, Bath, East Anglia, Newcastle, Lancaster, Liverpool, Hull-york.

to pick, you've just got to look at them! order perspectuses (perspecti???) look on websites, visit them on open day. Try and get an overall picture of them before you cancel them out, just find what's right for you.
Reply 2
I looked at the way the course was taught to begin with. I just felt I would much rather have a more traditional course (or an integrated one) than a very PBL based course...so that narrowed my search quite a bit. I also didnt want to go too far from home...and then i just got a few prospectuses and went to see the universities that seemed like somewhere I would enjoy living, and then just applied to the ones i liked the best.
Reply 3
I wanted a course with early clinical content, anatomy teaching in the form of prosection or disection snf I didn't want to go any further north than the midlands or west than wales. When I took those criteria I pretty much had my 4 choices.
Reply 4
Well I choose Keele, Leeds, Soton and St Andrews.

I picked Leeds and Soton because of their intergrated courses.
Furthermore, Keele and St Andrews were chosen as they had a lower
number of applicants.

Leeds 2006!
umm do have to pick 2 from outer london, all my choices were in london. and i got 3/4 offers
Think about where you would like to live, or study? if u have the grades why not apply for the big names, like cambridge and oxford,
i dont particular mind where i study, as long as it's in the britain.

and my grades are not good enough for cambridge or oxford
Soton! Not that far from London, and according to times, came in 3rd after Oxbridge.
Reply 9
What type of course do you want? that will narrow down your options
Reply 10
Well, there factors which should eliminate your choices like:
-type of teaching (PBL, convential0
-England, Scotland or Wales
-Money affairs
-Scenery
-You should be happy to get one to take you, do not act like you will have an offer from all of them
giwtis10
-England, Scotland or Wales

Hey! What about Northern Ireland...Queens has a surprisingly good med school. It has basic clinical skills from first year, combines both PBL and traditional teaching so there's something for everyone, doesn't interview and you can switch between dentistry and medicine if you change your mind after second year. Plus, Belfast is incredibly cheap, the university district is rather pretty and relatively safe, there's a good atmosphere now the Troubles are over and you're less than 2 hours from Dublin.

But anyway...where is it that does traditional teaching? Oxbridge, UCL...?
Reply 12
Belfast isnt that cheap...........im broke.........so it cant be.................Queens is a nice place, but be prepared to get AAAa and 4/5/6 A stars to even have a chance of an offer. I've heard different things about the course itself, cant really comment on it dont know much about it. I wouldnt apply to queens unless youre sure you like belfast, i find it to be a very love it or loathe it kinda place.

Latest

Trending

Trending