The Student Room Group

What are the entry level jobs and graduate schemes in what the Americans call "corpor

What are the entry level graduate jobs and graduate schemes in what what the Americans call "corporate finance"? For example working in the finance department of General Electric or another Fortune 500 or FTSE 100 company? I think this this may be called Management Accounting in the UK?

The reason I ask us my cousin is graduating in December from an "honours" program (kind of a in between a undergraduate program and a masters program in South Africa) with a Bcom (Honours) in Financial management Sciences at the university of Pretoria. More on the course that has replaced it but is similar here http://web.up.ac.za/sitefiles/file/2013_BCom%20Financial%20sciences%20brochure.pdf I know she has mentioned the job title financial assistant though I don't know if these exist in the UK and whether they are part of a finance role in a big corporation or part of management accounting. I know they are recruiters from Bain & Company working at her university (though she is a British Citizen and may have to work in the UK) is getting a place at McKinsey and Company, Bain & Company or Boston Consulting Group (though more higher paid and more prestigious if you care about that thing), as secure job security wise as a fun acne department job at a Fortune 500 or FTSE 100 company it at a big 4 accounting firm? I would direct her towards investment banking such as mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, DCM, ECM etc but I have heard the job security during recessions is not as safe with thousands being let go. Thus unless you get to private equity or hedge funds from an investment bank (more so private equity fir job security) the job security may be less than being in the finance department at General Electric, Big 4 accounting or management consulting at Bain, McKinsey or BCG?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest