The Student Room Group

Graduate engineering roles

I am currently applying to graduate schemes in engineering but I also want to look at regular graduate roles that I can apply to and won't require me to stay at the company for a long period. Where can I find jobs like these?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by alwaysconfused5
I am currently applying to graduate schemes in engineering but I also want to look at regular graduate roles that I can apply to and won't require me to stay at the company for a long period. Where can I find jobs like these?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean by regular grad roles, do you mean non-engineering ones?

No graduate job requires you to stay with the organisation for a long time. You'll have a notice period in your contract, and for an entry level role like a graduate scheme it'll likely be one month.
Original post by Smack
Not sure what you mean by regular grad roles, do you mean non-engineering ones?

No graduate job requires you to stay with the organisation for a long time. You'll have a notice period in your contract, and for an entry level role like a graduate scheme it'll likely be one month.

I meant engineering jobs that are not part of a scheme, just a regular entry level job. I can only seem to find jobs from top companies so I was wondering how I can find such roles in more local places.
Original post by alwaysconfused5
I meant engineering jobs that are not part of a scheme, just a regular entry level job. I can only seem to find jobs from top companies so I was wondering how I can find such roles in more local places.

It can certainly be the case that when you are searching for grad roles, the big name brands can crowd out the smaller companies, who are unlikely to have their job ads at the top of Indeed or be on something like Gradcracker. One of the main ways to find out about such opportunities is to either already know of the company so you can check their careers website. If you don't know of any companies, you can do some industry research to try and find out what different companies are involved with it, or you can check LinkedIn to see where everyone with, say, a BEng or MEng degree is working at - that'll likely show up quite a lot of different companies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending