The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Please help! Re: Hull

Hey guys. I'm absolutely drained right now, I have no idea what to do and I was hoping if I gained some other perspectives I might feel a little better about the 'situation'.

So, I applied for Hull starting Sept 2007 though I didn't really want to go there but then as all my friends were going this year I changed my mind today and got accepted for 2006.
Only thing being, the Uni I really really wanted to go to was St Andrews. However, I didn't get in. Now I have my grades (before I was resitting my AS exams so had to put "pending" for everything) and was wondering whether you felt it might be worthwhile me withdrawing my application and reapplying for St Andrews next year to study the course I want (which Hull doesn't offer) at the Uni I want.

Problem being, if I don't get in again, will the other Uni's think I'm messing them around?

I wanted to study English with Psychology (AAB).
My results being ABBB as well as a B in AS French. (Damn it I was 3 off an A in one of my other papers too, but nobody knows that apart from me!)

What do you think?
I'm dying here!!

:confused:
i had a situation of similar gratitude, however, being the person i am, i would jsut simply hate to be stuck at home, whilst all my friends where at uni, and telling me what a great time they were having, whilst passing Facetious remarks.

Thus, i decided to cut my loses, and study law at Hull....which has a good law school anyway, or so i understand.

i think it depends whether you would see doing an extra year at college, a waste of a year, or whether you would see going to hull uni for 3 years to do a course you don't want to do, a waste of 3.....!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Latest