The Student Room Group

Was I right to do this??

There is this guy I met in the college induction/course experience and I was sitting down he came and sat next to me and I tried to socialize with him and be nice and we got talking and like two minutes later he starts touching me!? Like rubbing my legs and staring at me and I got scared and got up and moved away then when the class finished I slapped him and he got angry and went off on one. My question is was I right to slap him? I'm not one for violence at all but this time it was too far
He was invading your personal space, men who do that have no respect for women. You were right to slap him, violence or no violence, you can't tolerate people touching you.
Original post by Protoxylic
He was invading your personal space, men who do that have no respect for women. You were right to slap him, violence or no violence, you can't tolerate people touching you.

Yes, i agree with you that he was being utterly disrespectful. And i sympathise with OP.

But, let me ask you something? If a girl touches you sexually, will you slap her?
Reply 3
YES!
It wasn't the best way to handle it but I feel it was fairly justified. Hopefully hell think twice before he does it again.
You should have reported him to a teacher, that would have hurt and embarrassed him more than slapping him.

He was totally inappropriate.
Original post by Mystery Me
Yes, i agree with you that he was being utterly disrespectful. And i sympathise with OP.

But, let me ask you something? If a girl touches you sexually, will you slap her?

Very controversial to change the genders around, but I wouldn't inflict physical harm to a girl. In that situation I would get up, and either walk away or ask her what she thinks she is doing. It's all out of context I suppose and hence it's quite the hard question to ask given no context. I mean if we were chatting for a while possibly I wouldn't go off on one as it were, but a random girl who I haven't spoken to prior to the event yes.
Reply 7
Original post by Gibbsybabex
There is this guy I met in the college induction/course experience and I was sitting down he came and sat next to me and I tried to socialize with him and be nice and we got talking and like two minutes later he starts touching me!? Like rubbing my legs and staring at me and I got scared and got up and moved away then when the class finished I slapped him and he got angry and went off on one. My question is was I right to slap him? I'm not one for violence at all but this time it was too far

Yes you were within your rights to do this. If that ever happens again may I recommend leaning forward and "accidentally" bumping the crown of your head on the bridge of his nose, rather hard, then say "O, sorry."
To be fair I think you were kind of out of order mainly because it sounds like the slap was premeditated as you didn't slap him as a reflex when he touched you. Instead you waited after class to slap him. Yes what he did was wrong but there are better ways to deal with it than result to violence and in my opinion no violence should apply to BOTH genders.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
I think it is completely out of order. I think there would be an outcry if it was the other way around and I'm pretty sure if one of your guy friends slapped one of your girl mates you would have a lot of bad things to say and a lot of bitching. Yet, it's okay for you to slap him? I hope he reports you and you get severely disciplined for it. Harsh, but the if the genders were reversed he could have been kicked off the course if the university wanted to make an example of him.
Wow! What a creep. You should have slapped him earlier though. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending