The Student Room Group

Meeting guy for the first time

So we are both 17, we started speaking a week ago and he seems really nice and genuine. We have skyped and we text regularly.

He suggested we meet up at Starbucks since I finish work at 10am and then just hang out at his place for the rest of the day. His mum is going to be at home.

I know people always say meet in a public place and we are but I'm also going to his house which is not so public haha

Is this a bad idea?

I asked my friends for their opinions and some said it's fine. Others said don't go to his house he probably wants to have sex. I don't wanna have sex lol but if I feel attracted to him then I wouldn't mind a few kisses/cuddles.

Opinions please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think your plan so far sounds fine. You're meeting up in public first, it's not like you're meeting him at his straight away. Plus his Mum will be home so doubt there's much you can get up to lol. Just enjoy your day with him and don't do anything you're not 100 percent comfortable with. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by C380
I think your plan so far sounds fine. You're meeting up in public first, it's not like you're meeting him at his straight away. Plus his Mum will be home so doubt there's much you can get up to lol. Just enjoy your day with him and don't do anything you're not 100 percent comfortable with. Good luck!

Thanks for reassuring me :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by 344302
Thanks for reassuring me :smile:

Your'e welcome :smile:
This sounds a lot safer than just meeting at someone's house, at least you'll be somewhere in public when you guys meet! Also, I agree, you said his mum'll be there, which makes it less dodgy and it's less likely you'll be getting up to stuff :tongue:

(I'd still be careful though, you don't know for sure that he's telling the truth about his mum being there, and you haven't known him that long...)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by bumblebee342
This sounds a lot safer than just meeting at someone's house, at least you'll be somewhere in public when you guys meet! Also, I agree, you said his mum'll be there, which makes it less dodgy and it's less likely you'll be getting up to stuff :tongue:

Okay! Thanks :smile:

I'm kind of nervous haha
Don't go to his house..
Reply 7
My opinion:

You are naive.

Just because he said his mom will be at home, she will?

Do you trust him or not? You talk about public places but also meething him at his house.
If you trust him, why do you care about your safety and so on?
If not, why do you meet him at his house?

People lie, you know?
Reply 8
Original post by sbj
My opinion:

You are naive.

Just because he said his mom will be at home, she will?

Do you trust him or not? You talk about public places but also meething him at his house.
If you trust him, why do you care about your safety and so on?
If not, why do you meet him at his house?

People lie, you know?

I don't trust people that easily.
I care about my safety because I don't want to be hurt
Reply 9
Original post by 344302
I don't trust people that easily.
I care about my safety because I don't want to be hurt

If you don't trust people that easily.
Why do you ask people if it is a good idea?
Why are you going to go to his place?

It is irony/paradox that you ask for advice but we all know that you made up your decision already. You don't look for an advice, you look for an affirmation.
Else you wouldn't be so paradox.
after a week?
Original post by 344302
Okay! Thanks :smile:

I'm kind of nervous haha

I'm a guy and I've done this before. Bluntly put, he wants to **** you, it doesn't sound very dangerous, just go to Starbucks first.
I wouldnt go to a guys house the first time around. Chances are he wants to get up in your pants (despite what he says about his mom). I think you need to get to know him better, even if doesnt wanna ****, in my opinion (maybe im just too sensitive) going to someone's home is a personal thing. It's their PLACE, and you barely know him. Id say stay away from the residence for now
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Pussy Galore
I'm a guy and I've done this before. Bluntly put, he wants to **** you, it doesn't sound very dangerous, just go to Starbucks first.

On my period so he's not ****ing me anytime soon
Reply 14
Original post by somethingunique
I wouldnt go to a guys house the first time around. Chances are he wants to get up in your pants (despite what he says about his mom). I think you need to get to know him better, even if doesnt wanna ****, in my opinion (maybe im just too sensitive) going to someone's home is a personal thing. It's their PLACE, and you barely know him. Id say stay away from the residence for now

Thanks
Original post by 344302
On my period so he's not ****ing me anytime soon

still would smash
Reply 16
Original post by ihavequestions.
after a week?

Yeah
Reply 17
Original post by Pussy Galore
still would smash

Yuckkkkkk

I would if I wasn't on my period.
Original post by 344302
Yuckkkkkk

I would if I wasn't on my period.

It depends on how attractive you are and whether or not I want to meet up again.
Original post by bumblebee342

The whole point of meeting in a public place etc is because you can't always just trust what people tell you over the internet.

I'm not saying that OP's dude is necessarily lying, but you seem to be missing the whole point here :s-smilie:

And isn't a week a bit soon? Or is that just my cynicism when it comes to romance lol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending