The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does anybody know what test Citibank use for their "citiscope" programme?
Original post by Mr Chang
lol good luck getting more than one spring week

Is it not possible to get more than one spring week offers?
Original post by MaGeehkaal
does anybody know what test Citibank use for their "citiscope" programme?

TalentQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1

It is, it's just ridiculously difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get multiple offers.
Original post by will2348
It is, it's just ridiculously difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I'm going to present myself as a candidate that they just have to give out an offer to, there's nothing wrong with aiming high
Original post by John Maddon
You can get multiple offers.

yes, just like you 'can' achieve 100% in your degree, and you 'can' become CEO of a FTSE100 company. Hey, im not knocking your hustle mathsnerd, just saying don't be too expectant or you may end up very disapointed. My cuz who landed a BB FO role failed to get a SW.
yes, just like you 'can' achieve 100% in your degree, and you 'can' become CEO of a FTSE100 company. Hey, im not knocking your hustle mathsnerd, just saying don't be too expectant or you may end up very disapointed. My cuz who landed a BB FO role failed to get a SW.

Fair enough :smile:

I understand how much work it will be but if I can achieve such an outcome then to me I feel like all that work put into the whole application process would be worth such an outcome. If I don't get any offers then I try even harder next year for the summer internships while trying to get relevant work experience during this year.

Agree with this. The caliber of people who apply to spring weeks are
high and it's difficult to get a place let alone places.
Fair enough :smile:

I understand how much work it will be but if I can achieve such an outcome then to me I feel like all that work put into the whole application process would be worth such an outcome. If I don't get any offers then I try even harder next year for the summer internships while trying to get relevant work experience during this year.

Don't be put off, there was a guy last cycle who got five offers but there was literally only five other people like that out of thousands of applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think if I don't get a SW offer, I'll aim for big4 audit and live the rest of my life miserable :cry2:
Reply 591
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I think if I don't get a SW offer, I'll aim for big4 audit and live the rest of my life miserable :cry2:

God, get a grip.

It's really not that hard to get more than one offer. Getting any offers at all is usually the biggest hurdle for people to jump through. I did 2 SWs and plenty of people do 2/3, with some people getting 3/4 offers.
Original post by Nigella
God, get a grip.

I filled in seven applications so far.. three of which I still need to complete cover letters for. :cry:

Yourself?
Reply 594
I filled in seven applications so far.. three of which I still need to complete cover letters for. :cry:

Yourself?

I'm not applying till the beginning of October, my boyfriend is in ECM at GS and he has specifically told me not to apply yet.

I'll follow his advice.
Original post by Nigella
I'm not applying till the beginning of October, my boyfriend is in ECM at GS and he has specifically told me not to apply yet.

I'll follow his advice.

Original post by Pro Crastination
Waiting on Credit Suisse to respond to my response to their RSPV to attend 'Steps to Spring' on the 12th. Anyone else in the same position? Also, gutted I didn't find out about the morning session at the Bright Network event in time; I will be following this thread closely from now on.

Accidently applied to their SW programme. I got an invite to apply for that programme on the 12th from the recruiter who hosted to the Steps to Success programme but ended up missing the deadline -.-

Original post by Nigella

I'll follow his advice.

GS aren't on a rolling basis is most likely why. I'm not sending off the applications, I'm just filling in the questions etc.. so I can adapt/change them after without going through the list of about 25 SW applications individually. Probably start due-diligence on firms after I did the main bulk of applications as to start writing cover letters. I'll send them all off mid/end of October.
Reply 597

GS aren't on a rolling basis is most likely why. I'm not sending off the applications, I'm just filling in the questions etc.. so I can adapt/change them after without going through the list of about 25 SW applications individually. Probably start due-diligence on firms after I did the main bulk of applications as to start writing cover letters. I'll send them all off mid/end of October.

Okay.
Reply 598
Original post by Cutmeloose

Sorry. :smile:
Have no idea why people are saying it's so hard to get multiple offers.

If you're at a target it's not hard at all...:confused: most people I know who did S/Ws did more than one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending