The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Aalsaudi10
Hey I'm trying to buy some practice packs for SHL Numerical tests but I'm not sure of which pack to get, or do I need all of them ?

Here's the link, if anyone else wants to: http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/shl-numerical-test

There's the Senior MGMT, the Graduate MGMT and the Operational Technical

You could anyway also get 15% off: http://canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/get-a-15-discount-on-jobtestprep-until-october.96/
it's only the Graduate one you need
Original post by will2348
It's literally only BAML, Greenhill, RBS and Lazard and that's it. People have pretty much heard nothing from the majority of banks and some have only opened a week ago.

oh. about to send cs off anyway
Can anyone tell me the deadlines for spring week applications ?
Do many banks use logical and verbal tests or do they mostly just use numerical ? I'm buying practise packs and I'm not sure which to buy.
Original post by Aalsaudi10
Can anyone tell me the deadlines for spring week applications ?

Dec/Jan time, although most are on a rolling basis.
Hi there,

I just had a quick question, though it isn't exactly related wholly to the Spring Weeks you all speak of...

I have just completed my first year studying Mathematics at Durham University. I plan on doing a 4-year course and was thus wondering, when would be the best time to do a summer internship. [Planning on doing a summer internship in a banking programme such as Sales and Trading for example, though I haven't nailed down exactly what I wish to do.]

I have done research this summer and was initially thinking of applying for one after my 2nd year (Summer 2015). However, I've seen that on TSR, some people on 4 year courses have done internships after their 3rd year as opposed to after their 2nd year.

Hence, I was wondering; when would be the ideal time, if there is one, to undertake a summer internship?

What are the pros and cons of doing one after the 2nd year or after the 3rd year respectively?

Many, many thanks!
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Dec/Jan time, although most are on a rolling basis.

how was the cs program? submitted my app literally 10 mins ago so a bit late now haha.
Original post by welcometoib
how was the cs program? submitted my app literally 10 mins ago so a bit late now haha.

It was fine tbh, talked about the do's and don'ts in applications. The general consensus was don't lie and link experiences on CVs to what competiencies were developed. A good networking opportunity however, managed to have some nice conversations flowing with two traders, got them on LI. A sweet insight into the companies ethics. I submitted mine a while back but HR said submitting this early is fairly useless as they won't start looking at them until they sort out the penultimates. Mid-Oct is the sweet spot with CS, I reckon.
Hey Everyone,

I know most people aren't too keen on the bright network event but I was wondering what everyone is doing to prepare for tomorrow and to ensure a lasting impression. Surely the five firms have our CV's for a reason.

Any input would be much appreciated.

-All love
Haven't worn a long skirt in so long :tongue:
So whose going to just the afternoon session of Bright Network festival tomorrow? I've planned out my afternoon accordingly and hope to pick up something from this experience, even if it's just basic information. Anyway it would be nice to meet up with someone before it starts if anyone else will only be going to the afternoon session :yep:
Original post by MathsNerd1
So whose going to just the afternoon session of Bright Network festival tomorrow? I've planned out my afternoon accordingly and hope to pick up something from this experience, even if it's just basic information. Anyway it would be nice to meet up with someone before it starts if anyone else will only be going to the afternoon session :yep:

I'll most likely be there. I'll go to lectures in the morning, go home and get changed for the event. My halls are about 10 minutes away from where the event will be held.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I'll most likely be there. I'll go to lectures in the morning, go home and get changed for the event. My halls are about 10 minutes away from where the event will be held.

Want to meet up in advance then?
There's really not much to be gained from the event tomorrow. The purpose is to give you the ammunition to make good SW applications; no one will be hired off of the back of tomorrow. Just try and enjoy it
Original post by MathsNerd1
Want to meet up in advance then?

Sure, I'll PM you my number, talk on whatsapp
Reply 795
anyone wanna meet up before the morning session lemme know in PM
I'm driving in from swindon at 4
tommorow morning then getting the tube in too moorgate so should be there early. If you want to meet up before hand give me a pm :smile:
Original post by John Maddon
I'm driving in from swindon at 4
tommorow morning then getting the tube in too moorgate so should be there early. If you want to meet up before hand give me a pm :smile:

szmessh
x

Jesus, that's commitment. What time you expecting to arrive? If you guys arrive at around the same time, we should meet up
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Jesus, that's commitment. What time you expecting to arrive? If you guys arrive at around the same time, we should meet up

ahh its not too bad haha :smile: between 7.30-8.00 - hopefully there will be something that makes it worth it! yeah definitely give me a pm if you guys are planning to get there early we can exchange numbers and try meet up before hand.
Original post by Szmessh
x

Original post by John Maddon
x

I'll be seeing you guys there. I have lectures in the morning but live quite close.

Latest

Trending

Trending