The Student Room Group

Jump from access course to degree

Hi,

Sorry if in wrong section.

I have completed an access course this year in Business, and have achieved mostly distinctions (33d, 12merits).

I have applied and been accepted at University of Liverpool.

I am just after some advice or personal experiences to help me, as I am a bit concerned about the jump in the standard expected between the access course and degree.

So basically if I was achieving high grades in my access course, should the transition to university work be OK? As throughout college, it felt like I didn't have to work that hard in order to achieve those grades. Not to sound big headed, but should I be able to achieve decent grades at university judging on my access results?

Sorry for the long thread, just a bit concerned.

Cheers,
Matt
Original post by matt_brown67
Hi,

I have completed an access course this year in Business, and have achieved mostly distinctions (33d, 12merits).

I am just after some advice or personal experiences to help me, as I am a bit concerned about the jump in the standard expected between the access course and degree.

So basically if I was achieving high grades in my access course, should the transition to university work be OK? As throughout college, it felt like I didn't have to work that hard in order to achieve those grades. Not to sound big headed, but should I be able to achieve decent grades at university judging on my access results?

Cheers,
Matt

Just popped this in the Business and Management uni courses forums, someone should be able to help you here. :smile:
Original post by matt_brown67
Hi,

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I completed an Access course before I went to uni.

University is a lot more self-driven than Access - less classes & more lectures.

I found learning how to reference on my course put me ahead of most A-level students at the start.

If you work hard there's no reason you won't do very well in your degree! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi,
Thanks for reply.
Do you get opportunities to submit drafts of assignments, and if so is there a set date for the whole class?
this may seem a saft question, but ive seen a few horror stories where people have said the access course didnt prepare them atall. Plus it seemed relatively 'easy' to get good grades on the access course as the teachers gave so muh advice regarding the assignment.
Thanks once again, matt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending