The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Travelling to and from Anglia Ruskin Cambridge, suitable places to park.

Hey All,
I'm joining Anglia Ruskin [Cambridge] this September (2014) and because I live only a certain distance away from the University itself I don't qualify for their accommodation. So I have made the decision to live at home and commute (mainly for my first year and see where things go in the second year when it comes to privately renting)

So my first concern about this would be if I am driving to Cambridge I don't believe the University has a car park for students and so I'm looking to see if anyone else is either in this predicament or what current students who travel by car do and where they leave their car.

I have heard about the park and ride system that Cambridge has, does anyone use this and if so is it reliable and cost effective?

If anyone has any advice or alternative suggestions, that would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance guys.

Liam
From what I recall, the park and ride is in the region of £2 and it doesn't take very long. I used it once when I visited.

Parking is dicey. You need permits to park in certain places, I think, and anywhere that you don't but is free is kinda far away. The streets directly around the uni have a 1 hour limit from what I remember (haven't been there in a while and wasn't paying much attention to it!). You could certainly find places to park, but I'd find it kind of stressful to try and find a place. :/

Your best (Cheapest) option is going to be a park and ride/public transport. If you do want to move out there's always private rooms and so on for rent, it doesn't have to be halls. There's plenty of rooms available for students around the city.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe

Your best (Cheapest) option is going to be a park and ride/public transport. If you do want to move out there's always private rooms and so on for rent, it doesn't have to be halls. There's plenty of rooms available for students around the city.

Just posting to say this pretty much is the best option - one of my friends has had to use Park and Ride and it seems very cost effective for him.
If you don't want to park and ride there may be people letting out their driveways - I know a lot of people in London who have allocated parking spaces that they don't use and they let them out. Try Spareroom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending