The Student Room Group

Maths at Cambridge

Hi, I'm thinking about applying to do maths at Cambridge and was wondering if anyone knows how likely it is I'll get in if I only do 3 alevels (maths, further maths and physics). I also only got 4 a*s at gcse (one was an a**) but I'm on track for getting a's in my as levels and a*s in my alevels. Would it be enough to get the entry requirements or isn't that enough?

I am also planning on doing fp4 over summer as a extra module.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Depends on how strong your UMS

But from what I hear, getting the offer is the easy part for their maths course - The hardest part is obviously getting the required Distinction (?) grades from all 3 mandatory STEP papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maryst
Hi, I'm thinking about applying to do maths at Cambridge and was wondering if anyone knows how likely it is I'll get in if I only do 3 alevels (maths, further maths and physics). I also only got 4 a*s at gcse (one was an a**) but I'm on track for getting a's in my as levels and a*s in my alevels. Would it be enough to get the entry requirements or isn't that enough?

I am also planning on doing fp4 over summer as a extra module.

You would need 90% UMS generally at least over your top 3 most relevant A-Levels which would be Maths,Further Maths and Physics.Although, 95%+ in Maths and Further Maths might make up for a low A at Physics I think they will focus mainly on your Maths UMS.You will also be required to get 11 in the two compulsory STEP papers II and III.

Quick Reply

Latest