The Student Room Group

Just got AS Results...

I've just come back from my holiday so i've only just received them. I have a problem as I received AAA for physics, chemistry and maths but a C for French. I really want to apply to top universities like imperial and durham for engineering but I have a feeling that they may not accept the C in French. What shall I do? I could do retakes next year but that would mean sacrificing my other A2's and I don't want to do badly in those. I could re-mark the script as I was only 4 marks off a B but I could also risk going down a grade...I don;t know what to do, whats the best option???
Reply 1
cat123
I've just come back from my holiday so i've only just received them. I have a problem as I received AAA for physics, chemistry and maths but a C for French. I really want to apply to top universities like imperial and durham for engineering but I have a feeling that they may not accept the C in French. What shall I do? I could do retakes next year but that would mean sacrificing my other A2's and I don't want to do badly in those. I could re-mark the script as I was only 4 marks off a B but I could also risk going down a grade...I don;t know what to do, whats the best option???

I dont think you really need to worry; your grades for the most relevent subjects to engineering are excellent, what AS's are you carrying on for A2?
Maybe if your worried I would suggest resitting your worst french module to get it up to a b, then your grades wud be even more fantastic.
Reply 2
A friend of mine has just got in to do electronic engineering at Imperial. At AS, he received AAAC, like you. Another friend of mine got an offer from Imperial for another area of engineering with ACCC at AS, so I really wouldn't worry!:smile:
I doubt a C in French will matter when offers are based on 3 A-levels and you got straight As in the subjects that are actually relevant to the course you want to do :smile:
Reply 4
lucky you. i got AABD. i was also far off from a C. i have to do two fudging resits:frown:

Latest