The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fatima20000
Your stats and UKCATS please? Are you partners applicants?

I am an International applicant. UKCAT 3010. 10A*s iGCSE and predicted 3A*s for A2
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by PJgirl2001
Received interview invite from the Medical School this morning (it was sent last night). Booked my interview for early January.

Thank you Newcastle!

Yey congratualtions that's great news :thumbsup:

Good luck for the interview!

Valentina
Original post by Newcastle University
Yey congratualtions that's great news :thumbsup:

Good luck for the interview!

Valentina

Thank you
Hi Valentina

Does this mean that the entry criteria for UKCAT is already identified please? is it different from last year threshold?

Hi Fatima20000

The cut offs have been identified but I'm sorry they won't be published until the summer of next year.

Valentina
Hi Fatima20000

The cut offs have been identified but I'm sorry they won't be published until the summer of next year.

Valentina

Oh, this is scary Valentina :colone::colone:

I am 2630 partners.....Any hope please?:confused::confused::confused:
Oh, this is scary Valentina :colone::colone:
I am 2630 partners.....Any hope please?:confused::confused::confused:

Hi Fatima20000

Judging on the past few years you have a strong chance of being within the cut off:

2018 - 2580
2017 - 2100
2016 - 2700
2015 - 2300

I know it's scary but try not to worry too much!

Good luck,

Valentina
Hi Fatima20000

Judging on the past few years you have a strong chance of being within the cut off:

2018 - 2580
2017 - 2100
2016 - 2700
2015 - 2300

I know it's scary but try not to worry too much!

Good luck,

Valentina

Thanks Valentina, I will keep optimistic :wink:
Thanks Valentina, I will keep optimistic :wink:

Valentina, did Newcastle stop sending invitation till end of the December interviews please? or they still sending interviews now?
Valentina, did Newcastle medical school stop sending invitation till end of the December interviews please? or they still sending interviews now?
Valentina, did Newcastle medical school stop sending invitation till end of the December interviews please? or they still sending interviews now?

Hi Fatima20000

The invitations are being sent out in batches between now and and 16th January so you could recieve an interview invite at any time until then, unfortunately at the present time Admissions are unable to confirm when the next batch of invitations will be sent, but hopefully it will be before Christmas.

Valentina
Hi Fatima20000

The invitations are being sent out in batches between now and and 16th January so you could recieve an interview invite at any time until then, unfortunately at the present time Admissions are unable to confirm when the next batch of invitations will be sent, but hopefully it will be before Christmas.

Valentina

Many thanks Valentina
Reply 391
Original post by jmrami
hey everyone! i'm a u.s. student using the ib diploma. i was expecting to go to the u.k. for uni (already given an offer at Newcastle University), but i was recently put down by my parents who said they would not pay for my uni, despite them supporting the application process and successful offers. i got accepted for modern languages, translation & interpreting. what should i do now? it's my dream to go here, and it's hard finding an undergraduate degree for translating & interepreting. i know there are scholarships given by the uni but none of them are full-ride and that is what i need at this point :frown:. i haven't applied to any u.s. colleges bc i fully anticipated to come to the u.k. also, my parents didn't forewarn me on any of this unitl many of the american deadlines had passed. we have a lot of family issues but i didn't know they'd think of jeopardizing my future. what do i do? please help, i only have enough money for my first year in uni.

any help?
Original post by jmrami
any help?

Hi jmrami,

Great to hear that you want to come and study here at Newcastle! Congratulations on your offer too that's a great achievement 🎉

I'm sorry to hear that things have become a bit difficult and may be jeopordising your chance to come and study in the UK.

We do offer a 100% tuition fee scholarship for your first year which is eligible for students from USA:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/finance/scholarships/vcesug18/

Unfortunately we don't currently have any scholarships which cover everything.

I hope this helps and everything works out for you - hopefully see you on campus!

Valentina
Hi Fatima20000

Valentina

Hi Valentina
Did Newcastle medical school start to send offers for partners please? or they will wait until they send all the standard offers and graduate offers first?
Hi Valentina
Did Newcastle medical school start to send offers for partners please? or they will wait until they send all the standard offers and graduate offers first?

You know this already, as you have already posted on the main Newcastle thread that you have an offer?
Hi everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official Q&A thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on anything about Newcastle University. If you have any questions about student life at Newcastle, or if there is something you might like to know about studying with us, please get in touch. For any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Bella, Persephone, Matt and Anna

Hey,

My MRes graduation occurs in December - the course finishes in July. I would not be able to attend the graduation in December, is there an option to rent the gown and get photos taken before the graduation ceremony happens so I can have a photo?
Hi Valentina, regarding NCL medical school, are you able to update us on how many offers are still in the system. Ideally we would like to know whether there are more for partners, non-partners and A101.

If you tell us here, it may save people from to calling Admissions.

Thanks!
Original post by Salll93
Hey,

My MRes graduation occurs in December - the course finishes in July. I would not be able to attend the graduation in December, is there an option to rent the gown and get photos taken before the graduation ceremony happens so I can have a photo?

Most traditional gown suppliers won't rent you a gown outside of ceremony dates - but there are a few online ones that let you hire them and have them home delivered any time. Try Churchill Gowns or Graduation Attire.
Original post by GANFYD
You know this already, as you have already posted on the main Newcastle thread that you have an offer?

Yes, I have an offer, if you do not believe I can send you a screenshot!!.. I was asking about the normal offers, not the exceptional ones, for my friend. What is wrong in that?!
I think you are here to help people not to accuse them!! stop it, please.
Nobody accused you of anything? Just pointed out you were aware of the offer status

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending