The Student Room Group

Starting college this term, what do I need to buy?

What kinds of things do I need to buy in terms of stationary etc? Also what can I expect on my first days/week? I'm going to be doing Access to HE nursing and midwifery. I left school in 2005 so I'm a bit out of touch.
i just completed this course and i found all the information i needed for assignments online, i only bought folders, dividers, paper and pens and a usb stick
Reply 2
Your first week will vary by college, but in general you will have some form of induction to the college and possibly be shown around. In lessons, teachers will generally introduce themselves and what they plan on teaching, so the first few days should be nice and relaxed whilst you get into the swing of things again.

For stationary, buy anything you think you will need to work to the best of your ability - pens, ink (if necessary), pencils, rubber, lined paper, ruler, calculator and maybe a printer too (if so, make sure to purchase extra ink cartridges - going to print an urgent piece of work only for your printer to run out is not a fun experience).
Reply 3
Yes thank you I was thinking about getting a printer. Can you tell me what the course was like? What kind of things did you learn about? I have to do maths GCSE along side so hopefully I will get a C this year. Apart from that its human biology, psychology, sociology, maths within a nursing context and a few other things like ICT i think.
Depends on what your printing, I would wait for the sales on the printer front and get an all in one if your really in need, then you can scan and copy notes at the same time. Epson, HP or Canon ususally have some good offers on.

If your only going to be printing in black I would get a set of the the cheaper inks that might help and you can print in draft mode. A four pack could cost you as little as £6.99.

If you need any help with the ink cartridges and pens etc.. I got mine from www.internet-ink.com

There are plenty of sites that do it, but you can us the discount code for future orders which saved me a bit more, hope you enjoy your course.

Quick Reply

Latest