The Student Room Group

calling out all girls who complain about not being able to find a man...

LOL at any girl complaining about not being able to find a man to **** or have a relationship with.

Most get approached by average looking men everyday several times but ignores them because they aren't her "type" and then come on here to complain how no man wants her.

A female poster posted in one of my threads about how she used to rant and be bitter about not being able to find her perfect man on TSR (won't mention any names) before she found her husband. She lectured me about how despite her oh-so-tragic situation her bitterness was only towards herself and not men as a whole. After further inquiry I found out that she had had many flings with men at uni but she didn't think any were the relationship type, a few short term relationships were the best she thought they were worth.

Can you believe that? A woman harbouring bitterness because men gave her attention and sex and trying to take moral superiority over me telling me how i shouldn't harbour any bitterness because I don't even get eye contact from fat whales. LOOOOOOL. This forun is hilarious.

I can never take any of you clowns seriously, all of you are trolls, I am the only legitimate authority on relationships and the social dynamics between men and women.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Women have no right to complain tbh., i have a right though 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh well that wasn't ridiculous at all...
So OP you're suggesting that people should get together with others out of pity?
Sometimes it's just not easy finding someone who is compatible. Not all attention is good attention. If he just wants to have a quick thing, I dont find that a compliment at all particularly as it seems that men will take anything they can get/have no interest in meaningful connections.

Sometimes ladies get a lot of bad quality offers from men trying their luck rather than taking an active interest in her as a person. There's nothing wrong with complaining about that. And godawful sleazy come-ons.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Since it's often considered the man's job to do the chasing, by those who cling to such gender roles, and this is a dynamic which females clearly benefit from in many ways (often without considering or particularly caring about the detriment to many men), in this case it does seem less appropriate for a woman to complain about not being able to find a man. Particularly when she gets many offers yet rejects them all due to pickiness, narcissism and entitlement issues.

If the gender roles were really abolished in this case (which they are not, and show no signs of really doing so), then and only then would it be equally appropriate for a woman to complain about not being able to find a man.
But they are not, so it's not.
Original post by Eveiebaby
So OP you're suggesting that people should get together with others out of pity?
Sometimes it's just not easy finding someone who is compatible. Not all attention is good attention. If he just wants to have a quick thing, I dont find that a compliment at all particularly as it seems that men will take anything they can get/have no interest in meaningful connections.

Sometimes ladies get a lot of bad quality offers from men trying their luck rather than taking an active interest in her as a person. There's nothing wrong with complaining about that. And godawful sleazy come-ons.

This post is 100% right, sorry OP. Women want quality of attention rather than (or in addition to) quantity.

Why?

Because they are in a position to get it.

(What I object to is when women fail to introspect, to understand this for themselves, and to show respect to men they see as not good enough. And that's what the girl in the OP is guilty of (and what you are guilty of here too, Evie, when you construct the straw man about how women shouldn't have to get together with men out of pity).)

So what can you do about it, OP?

"Disregard females; acquire currency."

Improve your social value (not just currency...) for your own well-being, not for unknown women's. Then women will come to you - and having "disregarded females", you won't have any qualms about rejecting those who aren't worth your time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scrotgrot
This post is 100% right, sorry OP. Women want quality of attention rather than (or in addition to) quantity.

Why?

Because they are in a position to get it.

(What I object to is when women fail to introspect, to understand this for themselves, and to show respect to men they see as not good enough. And that's what the girl in the OP is guilty of (and what you are guilty of here too, Evie, when you construct the straw man about how women shouldn't have to get together with men out of pity).)

So what can you do about it, OP?

"Disregard females; acquire currency."

Improve your social value (not just currency...) for your own well-being, not for unknown women's. Then women will come to you - and having "disregarded females", you won't have any qualms about rejecting those who aren't worth your time.

My point was that OP seemed to be thinking that we should reward what at times is disrespectful/cheap attention. Because if we did, it would be out of pity.

I am not overtly harsh to men who are approach me without a sexual undertone, but the ******* is that those sleazy comeons outnumber the nice ones to the point that it can be stressful and predictable. In the cases where women seem to blow up at guys, it's usually when they can take no more and the situation has reached a breaking point of just being fed up with it.

It IS difficult finding a high quality connection and I think it's the same or most people. Being good looking is great for all of 10 minutes and then what is there brought to the table?

At the end of the day most of us just want companionship with someone who inspires, entertains and complements us, not some bozo who is only thinking about how to get us into bed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
My point was that OP seemed to be thinking that we should reward what at times is disrespectful/cheap attention. Because if we did, it would be out of pity.

I am not overtly harsh to men who are approach me without a sexual undertone, but the ******* is that those sleazy comeons outnumber the nice ones to the point that it can be stressful and predictable. In the cases where women seem to blow up at guys, it's usually when they can take no more and the situation has reached a breaking point of just being fed up with it.

It IS difficult finding a high quality connection and I think it's the same or most people. Being good looking is great for all of 10 minutes and then what is there brought to the table?

At the end of the day most of us just want companionship with someone who inspires, entertains and complements us, not some bozo who is only thinking about how to get us into bed.

2nd paragraph, yes I can more than empathise with this position, it is completely understandable that sometimes guys will end up getting hit by an undeserved rage torrent.

Firstly I just worry that women get narcissistic and think they're entitled to act like that towards inferior "creeps" who are just trying to approach them. After all these guys can't magically swap into a different body, personality, job, etc, they're broadly speaking stuck with what they've got and have to hope/believe it's enough.

And secondly I don't think (as we men haven't spent 50 years dissecting our gripes like feminism has (to its credit)) that many women really have much appreciation for what it feels like to never be noticed and always be rejected. Getting raged at on top of all that is enough to make anyone resentful.
Original post by scrotgrot
2nd paragraph, yes I can more than empathise with this position, it is completely understandable that sometimes guys will end up getting hit by an undeserved rage torrent.

Firstly I just worry that women get narcissistic and think they're entitled to act like that towards inferior "creeps" who are just trying to approach them. After all these guys can't magically swap into a different body, personality, job, etc, they're broadly speaking stuck with what they've got and have to hope/believe it's enough.

And secondly I don't think (as we men haven't spent 50 years dissecting our gripes like feminism has (to its credit)) that many women really have much appreciation for what it feels like to never be noticed and always be rejected. Getting raged at on top of all that is enough to make anyone resentful.

Great point at the end. eveibaby would commit suicide within a few days if she was forced to spend the rest of her life through the shoes of an average man due to the lack of attention she would receive.

Her response to this topic is typical of many girls; displaying a high tendency of narcissism, arrogance and unappreciation of how easy she has it. This part is very telling:

inspires, entertains and complements us, not some bozo who is only thinking about how to get us into bed.

She demands and thinks she deserves such a man while, like MOST girls (not all), bring nothing worthwhile to the table apart from looks. It's ironic she tells me that I'm not entitled to anything yet she feels entitled to all of the above (as well as a good looking man). Lol she summarized most modern woman in her post Lmao.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by what is this
Great point at the end. eveibaby would commit suicide within a few days if she was forced to spend the rest of her life through the shoes of an average man due to the lack of attention she would receive.

Her response to this topic is typical of many girls; displaying a high tendency of narcissism, arrogance and unappreciation of how easy she has it. This part is very telling:

She demands and thinks she deserves such a man while, like MOST girls (not all), bring nothing worthwhile to the table apart from looks. It's ironic she tells me that I'm not entitled to anything yet she feels entitled to all of the above (as well as a good looking man). Lol she summarized most modern woman in her post Lmao.

I wouldn't go as far as this condemnation. She seems to have a firm handle on the situation as it looks from a woman's point of view. It is natural for her to want to leverage her position to the max. Anyone, regardless of gender, would do the same.

If anything, I'd say she has shown in her post a damn sight more pragmatism and self-awareness than your average girl, who shames creeps etc largely subconsciously.

But you are right in that she hasn't shown she understands what it feels like to be a man on the receiving end of constant rejection. We can't exactly expect her to either, it's completely out of her frame of reference.

My point is that feminism has been telling us all about how women feel about dating for the past 50 years, so in our culture there is some considerable understanding, even among men, of what it feels like to be a woman in this marketplace. Men, however, have only recently begun to discuss what it's like for them, so how can women yet know?

And so I try to make Eveiebaby understand.
I sort of agree with the OP. However, perhaps girls just don't find some of the nicer guys attractive and thus won't give them a chance? Although I get that not all the outgoing, bad boy types are bad.

Also OP, why are you getting so worked up? Do you hate girls or something?
(edited 9 years ago)
Bull****. A lot of girls don't get approached by anyone. Hell I even have friends who I'd say are solid 9's and they rarely get guys just coming up to them. So what if a girl wants to hold out for a quality guy, I'm sure guys are doing the same.

In all your rage against these 'hypocritical' women, you just come across as insanely bitter.
Not every attention we get is good attention, like it or not I have standards and I'm not going to get with every dude I get attention from - maybe you're not being rejected because you are average, but because your personality isn't that great and your vibes are a bit iffy - you sound incredibly bitter
(edited 9 years ago)
I certainly don't complain about not being able to find a guy to hit on me or find a guy who wants to sleep with me, but I can complain about not being able to find a guy who wants a relationship with me (and not a fling). As for me personally I've mainly just had the experience of men not wanting anything serious with me and that can be frustrating.

I do however sympathise with guys who try but get rejected a lot.
In my experience,many women seeking the perfect man or Mr Right never find him and end up being old maids with the loud clanging of their biological clock just a distant memory..
Reply 15

I can never take any of you clowns seriously, all of you are trolls, I am the only legitimate authority on relationships and the social dynamics between men and women.

hahahahaha, oh please stop you are killing me :biggrin:
Reply 16
op i am mad at girls entitlement too, they don't understand how much easier they have life in general, but they still complain. This is coming from someone who actually gets laid, i can't imagine how angry you are.
Well theoretically there a 1:1 approximate male to female ratio in this country, although you wouldn't know it. Females here seem to have a way of making it feel the men vastly outnumber the women. Sure women probably live longer than men but I'm not sure this fully accounts for it.

Yeah I do think some women feel they are entitled to a certain criteria on a tick box list. I think it comes with looking at other women and seeing she's got a guy filling that certain criteria and so making her feel she should be entitled to at least the same or more, however attractive or not she may be. It's unfortunate I think as their passing over men they would probably be happier with if they got to know the guy and didn't try to reduce relationships down to this often materialistic criteria, i.e does he have money, good job, good looks, good career contacts for her to get a leg up in her chosen career path (seen more and more these days), good social skills, etc. Women are often very ruthless these days and will exploit and ditch men after they've used them. They just seem to have the upper hand for some reason.
LOL at any girl complaining about not being able to find a man to **** or have a relationship with.

Most get approached by average looking men everyday several times but ignores them because they aren't her "type" and then come on here to complain how no man wants her.

Come on, dude, no self-respecting women is going to give the time of day to the type of creepy loser who thinks it is socially acceptable to proposition women in the street.
I don't complain, if I am not compatible with someone I will say so.
then we both move on...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending