The Student Room Group

How do bills work per person?

I'm probably just completely misunderstanding how bills work, as I haven't had to deal with the before, but how exactly to you get utilities separated for each person?

For example Glide charges each house mate individually for all the bills, and I have a house mate who doesn't want to pay bills under someone else's name or on a joint-bill. So how exactly do the regular companies such as Npower, and such work with bills when you are in a house with several people?

I've just been quoted £20 for joint electric/gas, payment via direct debit per month. But how exactly would that work between 6 people without paying under one name?

Do you have to go fro Glide or just pay on receipt of bill instead? I'm quite confused how you get quotes per person per month/week.

Any help would be appreciated.
I live in a house with two other people and the gas/electric/water bills come under one person's name, and we all pay our share directly to that person.

They usually come every three/four months, and we just divide by three to work out our share. Nothing too complicated lol. Same with broadband (I'm in charge of broadband)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tweek
I have a house mate who doesn't want to pay bills under someone else's name or on a joint-bill.

Tell him to stop being so pathetic and deal with it exactly like pretty much everyone else who lives in shared accommodation deals with it.
Original post by WelshBluebird
Tell him to stop being so pathetic and deal with it exactly like pretty much everyone else who lives in shared accommodation deals with it.

Pretty much this haha
Our bills are in everyone's name and we pay a standing order to our housemate about three days before a direct debit leaves her account. This happens monthly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending