The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone have personal experience of Cook or Llewellyn Mews?

Hi everyone,

So I just recieved my offer of accomodation and have got an offer from Llewellyn Mews. Lafrowda was my first so obviously I am a bit dissapointed, but I would like to hear of people's experiences in Cook/Llewellyn Mews!

The only thing that concerns me is the fact it is 15 minutes from campus, and there only being 40 people in total (5 people per flat).

What is Cook/Llewellyn Mews like socially?

I just have the concern of being 'isolated' from the social side of Uni. While I understand that Lafrowda has the reputation of being shabby, at least you know there is a good atmosphere and you will meet plenty of people!

Thanks in advance!
There's 40 people in Cook and 40 in Llewellyn, so 80 altogether. And it's like a minute and a half from campus (it's basically across the road from Birks), so it's not like you're living on the moon!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
same thing happened to me, I applied for lafrowda and got llewellyn. I wanted lafrowda for the atmosphere and social life but now im kinda glad i've got llewellyn. I'll probably only be in my room when im working and sleeping and for pre drinks and you dont need hundreds of people around for that. I'd be interested to hear from anyone whos been there before aswell though
Reply 3
I'll be staying at the Llewellyn Mews this year as well. I chose it mainly for its affordability, but the smaller size was also a major factor for me. Like the previous post, I felt I was better off not having hundreds of people around me (especially on days when I'll need to study the last thing I want is to be tempted by everything happening in the residence, ha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending