The Student Room Group

Would you be bothered if your OH stayed over with the opposite sex

My boyfriend is going away with his friends to Barcelona. I have no issue with this at all. However the thing that has bothered me a bit is the fact they are staying in a hostel, in which they are staying with 4 girls. When they booked the hostel only had one room left 4 of the beds were booked by a group of four girls so they booked the other 4. I know I shouldn't care I do trust him but its just really making me feel a bit down that he is staying with 4 strange girls. I don't care if he goes out and parties with girls, chats to girls but to stay with them is just so personal. Sleeping washing getting ready pre drinking etc all with these girls does I suppose make me feel slightly jealous. I don't know though if im being compeltly out of order. Would you be bothered by this?
Reply 1
Are you sure you aren't just jealous about the fact you aren't going?
No. Wouldn't care. Most of my friends are guys, he has loads of female friends, neither of us care.
Due to booking mix-up I once had to share a room with 2 girls I hardly knew. Everything was fine and my partner was cool with it.
In a hostel? No, I don't care. I might feel a bit funny if he went and stayed at a female friends' house on his own, but it's a group thing. I'm going on holiday for a week without my boyfriend, and I'll be sharing a room with a male friend (and another girl) and it's totally fine.
Original post by riotgrrl
In a hostel? No, I don't care. I might feel a bit funny if he went and stayed at a female friends' house on his own, but it's a group thing. I'm going on holiday for a week without my boyfriend, and I'll be sharing a room with a male friend (and another girl) and it's totally fine.

Yes, I agree with you.

And I love the photo in your signature thing!
I totally get where you're coming from, that would definitely make me feel uncomfortable. I don't think you're being out of order it's pretty standard to feel jealousy in relationships, guess it's just something you have to deal.
In a hostel, because of booking issues, with girls he didn't know? Wouldn't care, would be more concerned if it was 1 to one and a girl he knew
I went to a barcelona hostel this summer,
(Bon Moustache, I highly recommend)
Anyway, I shared a room with 11 other people, 3 of which I knew,
It was a really friendly environment and everyone is usually up for a chat, but that's just it, friendly.
If you're worried about him being unfaithful or developing feelings for anyone else, then the problem you're having probably lies somewhere in the relationship and not him sharing a room with strangers.
Nah, I wouldn't be bothered because it was down to a booking issue and it isn't like he just choose to stay round a girl's house- that I would have a problem with but this is different. I think you should trust your boyfriend and have nothing to worry about. :biggrin:
Dude I just got confused and posted on the wronf thing. I was reading pairs similar to the one I just made to see what other people thought. Chill

Latest

Trending

Trending