The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hukdealz
I'm afraid you get a big fat zero!

but seriously :tongue: I can't find anything on their website!
Original post by aspiring_dr
but seriously :tongue: I can't find anything on their website!

I had a look for you but this is all I found.

"Applicants offering two subjects at Advanced Higher level with AA grades (including Chemistry), in addition to the Scottish Highers described above, can be considered for the five year scheme (A100").

In terms of the points system your gonna have to ring them up I'm afraid :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by futuremedic19
I had a look for you but this is all I found.

"Applicants offering two subjects at Advanced Higher level with AA grades (including Chemistry), in addition to the Scottish Highers described above, can be considered for the five year scheme (A100").

In terms of the points system your gonna have to ring them up I'm afraid :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :smile: I'm abroad just now but definitely will asap!! Is cardiff your top choice? :smile:
I have 25, and I'm really starting to worry now!

Cardiff was supposed to me my 'safe' uni as well!

I know man I also have 25.
If it's 26 then I'm gonna feel like Cardiff conned me lol into applying as they always say that we encourage all applicants with 23+ to apply with the cutoff being around 24-25.
There's nothing much you can do now, other than just have faith in that they lower it this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I have 25, and I'm really starting to worry now!

Cardiff was supposed to me my 'safe' uni as well!

Cardiff is really not much of a soft choice anymore these days sadly :frown:. Not just because the cut-off was really high last year, but because the odds are still not that great after interview as opposed to schools such as Bham and UCL which give offers to most of the candidates that they interview. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Haider302
Cardiff is really not much of a soft choice anymore these days sadly :frown:. Not just because the cut-off was really high last year, but because the odds are still not that great after interview as opposed to schools such as Bham and UCL which give offers to most of the candidates that they interview. Where else have you applied?

I'm finding it hard to believe that circa one third of last years' applicants had 8a*s or more at GCSE

my other unis are:
St George's
Liverpool
Nottingham
I'm finding it hard to believe that circa one third of last years' applicants had 8a*s or more at GCSE

my other unis are:
St George's
Liverpool
Nottingham

I reckon your chances will be better at Nottingham if you get an interview. Cardiff is good for securing an interview if you've got great GCSEs (that's why some use it as a softer choice) but you still have to be able to give a great interview to get in. I found that out the hard way last year :frown:. Try not to worry about it now though, just do some good interviews wherever you get them and hopefully you'll have a place at the end of it :smile:.
Anyone got any idea when we can start expecting them to hand out interview? Also what's their interview structure like?
Original post by georgiahinch
Anyone got any idea when we can start expecting them to hand out interview? Also what's their interview structure like?

I called them up the other day and they said end of November!
No idea about the interview structure although it is a panel interview that's all I know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
I called them up the other day and they said end of November!
No idea about the interview structure although it is a panel interview that's all I know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brill thanks!! Ah I just hope I get one this year, end of November seems like so far away and that's just the first batch :frown:
Brill thanks!! Ah I just hope I get one this year, end of November seems like so far away and that's just the first batch :frown:

Lol I know, it gonna be a long year,.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of curiosity, if I have two maths GCSEs, will they use both of them or only one?
I got over 8A*s, but unfotunately got two A's for maths and A*A*A in sciences, so that drops my score a bit.
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Out of curiosity, if I have two maths GCSEs, will they use both of them or only one?
I got over 8A*s, but unfotunately got two A's for maths and A*A*A in sciences, so that drops my score a bit.

Are u describing only GCSE grades there ?
sorry it's a bit unclear, whether your talking about only GCSEs or if your A*A*A is in A level. And whether your 2A's are in GCSE ?

Could you be more clear with your stats and I could tell you your score :smile:
Reply 393

Unfortunately not, (well in your case it's fortunate :smile: ) I'm in the same situation and they only consider one maths. As long as you have an A* in English language, I think you have a score of 25.
Original post by futuremedic19
Are u describing only GCSE grades there ?
sorry it's a bit unclear, whether your talking about only GCSEs or if your A*A*A is in A level. And whether your 2A's are in GCSE ?

Could you be more clear with your stats and I could tell you your score :smile:

Sorry, I meant all at GCSE :colondollar: Pretty sure that gives me a score of 25 :smile:
Original post by M!lad
Unfortunately not, (well in your case it's fortunate :smile: ) I'm in the same situation and they only consider one maths. As long as you have an A* in English language, I think you have a score of 25.

Thanks! That's good to know, haha. 25 it is :smile:
Thanks! That's good to know, haha. 25 it is :smile:

Yeah if your A*s were in English (language and literature) then you would score 25.
When does Cardiff begin to start handing out interviews? I'm a bit apprehensive that they can just invite you with only a week's notice.
Original post by Alexandra_Willis
When does Cardiff begin to start handing out interviews? I'm a bit apprehensive that they can just invite you with only a week's notice.

Someone on this thread let me know end of November! I'm sure if you've got "unmovable" circumstances you could call and they'd accommodate you?
Reply 399
Someone on this thread let me know end of November! I'm sure if you've got "unmovable" circumstances you could call and they'd accommodate you?

Definitely. They moved my interview date due to travel difficulties when I applied. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending