The Student Room Group

Here to help with GCSEs! (tips and specific questions)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by flibber
How did you revise for RS GCSE (my board is OCR)?

Rs is pretty simple if you are doing the philosophy and ethics specification B from the OCR exam board. All you need is biblical quotes tbh and you will be fine. There are no right or wrong answers so I guess that is why most people tend to get good grades in this subjects. Just learn your quotes and apply them to situations for example killing is wrong because Jesus stated turn the other cheek etc.

Good luck in advance.
Reply 81
Original post by L'Evil Fish
This thread isn't really for specific questions

I'm not opening the PDF, so don't know what the actual question is.

It is cool as I have checked my answer with someone else before posting this and it is correct.
:smile:
Original post by CharmingCat
Hi,

Whenever I speak in French, I feel really awkward and my mouth becomes dry as sandpaper. Speaking in a foreign tongue makes me really nervous which, when I'll do my speaking assessment later this year, I fear will prevent me from achieving an A*. I usually score pretty highly in Reading and Listening papers, but I crumble to bits at the thought of speaking out loud in French - how do I overcome this fear? My mind just goes blank when I rack my brain for French words!

hi i also do french
i have realised the key thing to achieve a good grade for me was to act confident even if your not. speak fluently and do understand what you are saying. i have done 3 speaking so far and have 4 more left. my teacher said he will only send the two best plus a recording one. i got 2 C and an A*. the A* was only because i used all the tenses and most of all spoke fluently and my accents were good.
hope that helps : D
Original post by Nazi gold
hi i also do french
i have realised the key thing to achieve a good grade for me was to act confident even if your not. speak fluently and do understand what you are saying. i have done 3 speaking so far and have 4 more left. my teacher said he will only send the two best plus a recording one. i got 2 C and an A*. the A* was only because i used all the tenses and most of all spoke fluently and my accents were good.
hope that helps : D

Thanks for your advice, it'll really help! :smile:
I am doing 2 GCSEs this year (RE and Statistics) and I need to know when to revise?Please help can`t find the answer anywhere! Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Cookielog
I am doing 2 GCSEs this year (RE and Statistics) and I need to know when to revise?Please help can`t find the answer anywhere! Thanks :biggrin:

Couple of weeks before the exam.

Maybe do a topic each day for stats. Then do a past paper a day for a week leading up to exam.

RS, do the same. But maybe only 2 past papers. And j look at others without actually doing them.

Quick Reply

Latest