The Student Room Group

Aerospace Engineering

hello, i would like to know about a course which i will be starting in september. I want to prepare my self for uni, therefore, i would like to know the basic i would have to learn. The course is Aerospace Engineering and i hardly know alot anything relating to the course. So please give me any guide i can take to prepare myself.
Thanks,
Original post by walidafgazam
hello, i would like to know about a course which i will be starting in september. I want to prepare my self for uni, therefore, i would like to know the basic i would have to learn. The course is Aerospace Engineering and i hardly know alot anything relating to the course. So please give me any guide i can take to prepare myself.
Thanks,

You won't learn too much in your first-year about topics only applicable in aerospace. It's mainly about understanding key mechanics concepts.

I'd recommend Meriam and Kraige Engineering mechanics and dynamics.
Reply 2
Original post by walidafgazam
Thanks,

Hi. There's not much to do in terms of preparation for the course. Just be ready for a lot of maths :tongue:. But nothing to panic, as everything will be taught from the basics. If you are comfortable with A-Level maths & physics, you should be fine in first year. Aerospace engineering specifically is about the design & construction of aircraft and spacecraft so you will come across the specifics of that from 2nd year onwards. It's a really rewarding course if you work hard. You will have all the support you need. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by adi2014
Hi. There's not much to do in terms of preparation for the course. Just be ready for a lot of maths :tongue:. But nothing to panic, as everything will be taught from the basics. If you are comfortable with A-Level maths & physics, you should be fine in first year. Aerospace engineering specifically is about the design & construction of aircraft and spacecraft so you will come across the specifics of that from 2nd year onwards. It's a really rewarding course if you work hard. You will have all the support you need. Good luck :smile:

I think I might be in trouble. My A levels was commerce. Then I got enrolled in an aircraft maintenance course. EASA B1. And after clearing 7 modules. Im going to coventry university to study Beng Aerospace techonolgy and directly into year two. I dont know why but I have a feeling im gonna get f u c k e d. Am I right?
Reply 4
Original post by impala65
I think I might be in trouble. My A levels was commerce. Then I got enrolled in an aircraft maintenance course. EASA B1. And after clearing 7 modules. Im going to coventry university to study Beng Aerospace techonolgy and directly into year two. I dont know why but I have a feeling im gonna get f u c k e d. Am I right?

Well, since you've already done aircraft maintenance, it wouldn't be too difficult as you're familiar with the subject content. However, in a mainstream aerospace degree, you will come across topics like structures, vibrations, electronics and materials in year 2 which is pretty intensive in terms of mathematics. It all depends on how well you cope.
Reply 5
Original post by adi2014

Dunno about you, but that isn't what my first year was on. It really depends on the university you attend.

There isn't much to do to prepare. Enjoy your summer, rest and be prepared to work hard.

Quick Reply

Latest