The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's all done online, so you paste your PS into a box in your online application. This is sent by UCAS to your universities, who can print it out (it's reduced to half size, but still readable).

You could check your character count by pasting into the form - it will tell you how much you're over/under the limit by. A few things to be aware of - your text can't contain accented characters, it will be reformated into standard font and size (Times New Roman size 12, I seem to remember), you can't save the extra text if what you've pasted into the box goes over 4000 characters.
Reply 2
So really I need that onlien box before I can write it, as I don't want to spend ages on it only for half of it to be cut off!

I really want to register with ucas so I can apply asap, but I don't know my college buzzword!

I know last years, tried that but they must have changed it. Do you know roughly when colleges are meant to issue buzzwords?
Reply 3
Could I just apply as an individual?
Reply 4
Thanks for that!! How did I ever live without TSR?! :biggrin:

One thing though- shall I do paragraphs and stuff or will that get deleted out when it changes into the ucas format?
Reply 5
smoothie
So really I need that onlien box before I can write it, as I don't want to spend ages on it only for half of it to be cut off!

I really want to register with ucas so I can apply asap, but I don't know my college buzzword!

I know last years, tried that but they must have changed it. Do you know roughly when colleges are meant to issue buzzwords?

we were told ours the day we went back to school after exams so that would be june 19th for us.
Reply 6
My personal statement was basically just one super-long paragraph :biggrin:
Reply 7
Do use paragraphs! If you can't leave a line as you don't have enough room, it will still look a lot better if you've just gone onto the next one.
Like this.
See, doesn't it look easier to read?!
Reply 8
In fairness, it got me into my first choice (Durham).

Moral of the story: The paragraph is often overrated :biggrin:
Reply 9
Mellie
My personal statement was basically just one super-long paragraph :biggrin:

If I was an Admissions Tutor and had to read something like that, then I would probably cry.
Not only would your statement be hard to read, but it would be a crime against the English language!
Reply 10
Please, never be an Admissions Tutor. You'd be one of the horrible ones who rejects people :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending