The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

How many A4 papers should a good personal statement be.
How early should I start writing up my personal statement (year 12 student)
The personal statement has a maximum of 4000 characters so close to that is probably best. I think the best time to start writing is probably around the end of year 12. The best thing you can do now is do some wider reading around your subjects and make note of it so you can write about that in your personal statement
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
The personal statement has a maximum of 4000 characters so close to that is probably best. I think the best time to start writing is probably around the end of year 12. The best thing you can do now is do some wider reading around your subjects and make note of it so you can write about that in your personal statement

Thank you!!
What types of things should be included in the personal statement and the should statement only be about the subject that I wish to go and study further at uni?
Original post by Menaheel.x
Thank you!!
What types of things should be included in the personal statement and the should statement only be about the subject that I wish to go and study further at uni?

Hey! So your personal statement should be connected to your course, not always to a future job, but justifying why you are interested is important. We have a thread with some top tips which might help you get started as well: A short guide to writing a Personal Statement... - The Student Room

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending