The Student Room Group

Do you want more Jewish states?

Poll

More Jew states?

Yes or no.

Scroll to see replies

I would like to see more secular states. One Jewish state is enough, given that there aren't that many Jews, and in America the Jews were not, and are not, persecuted.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Yes or no.

why call it a jewish state or non - jewish states , why not think of it as a state with people from many different religions ? :smile:
Yes. "Middle east" would be much better off under Israeli occupation than the current barbaric countries we have which have put millions into absolute poverty and terror.
Is this a serious question? Nobody wants another Jewish state, not even the Jews.
Tbh I thought the division was between people who are basically OK about there being one and people who want zero.
Anyone else a bit disturbed by the wording of the poll question?

"More Jew states". Not "Jewish states" but "Jew states".
There's no need really, so few Jews. Not that Israel isn't a good example to the Middle East.
Original post by UniOfLife

didn't notice tbh - that's certainly not very nice.
Reply 10
Nobody wants any theist states

yep me:smile:
Israel is actually an atheist state, with a preference for Jews.

most Jews are atheist anyway.
:erm: why would there be a need for more?...
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd rather have more secular states with majority Jewish, Christian or atheist.

Basically I want more western states.
Reply 15
Let alone Jews, there should be no more religious states.
Reply 16

Shh, it's a "conspiracy"...
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Yes or no.

What a question.

Most Jewish people I know are happy with just one Jewish state. A Jewish state by the way does not mean that Jewish people can only live in that state.

As an American, I am thankful that my country (which was founded by English immigrants to the 'New World') contains people of pretty much every ethnicity, including Jewish and Arab people.

What is sad to me is that the USA is built on the suffering of Native American people. Personally, I wish that the English immigrants to the 'New World' had been much nicer and loving to the Native Americans. The French, for example, were in general nicer than the English were to the Natives of America.

Back to the subject, my Jewish friends who believe in G-d are amazed that there is one Jewish state after centuries where the Jewish people were robbed of their homeland. That would be like if the Chinese for example took over England and the English people escaped around the world, then their descendants returned to the land of their forefathers centuries later.

Like the suffering of the Native Americans, it is very sad that the Palestinian people are suffering. What is needed is for both groups to love and respect each other in spite of their differences.

Back to the question, I personally do not see the need for more than one Jewish state. I do however see how the rebirth of the Jewish state is fulfillment of prophecy. As a person who enjoys studying the prophecies/promises in the Tanakh, it amazes me as well that the Jewish state has been regenerated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Hell ****ing no.
Reply 19
Original post by Rakas21
I'd rather have more secular states with majority Jewish, Christian or atheist.

Basically I want more western states.

This.

Although those with a majority asian religion would still be fine if they remained secular (it can even work for Islam, if it copies Turkey's or Central Asia's Model).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending