Which do you prefer?

I added a poll for you. :smile:
Reply 2
I much prefer weaves to braids.
Awww cheers! I don't think anybody knows what weave is anyway! Rofl
Reply 4
Ew or ew. :smile:
Reply 5
The only fake thing in my hair is if I dye it or streak it, highlights...
Original post by ApeMob

lol you just jel
Reply 7
I have my hair in braids at the moment, just until my hair grows a suitable length and overall as a protective style. I personally prefer braids as a weave - at times - can look a bit fake. Sure braids look even faker, but it suits black girls very well.
Reply 8
Both look nice.
Reply 9
Original post by Independentisha
lol you just jel

LMAO EXCUSE ME? "Jel" of someone needing weave and wearing braids?

umm lmao ok.
I'm Native American, everyone loves our hair :closedeyes: :talkhand:
Reply 10
Original post by ApeMob

Lol why?
i prefer braids but only cause its alot cheaper and i can do it myself..
although if i had enough money to afford good quality brazillian remy or better i probably would wear weave all my life:awesome::ahee:
Original post by ApeMob
LMAO EXCUSE ME? "Jel" of someone needing weave and wearing braids?

umm lmao ok.
I'm Native American, everyone loves our hair :closedeyes: :talkhand:

Maynee I was kidding, you mad? We don't 'need' to it's a choice lol.

And I don't know bout native mericans I don't know what their hair looks like.
Reply 13
Original post by Ndella
Lol why?

Weaves prevent proper care of your natural hair. Then you have to wear weaves just to hide your now more damaged hair. For special occasion to make it glamorously long or full, sure. But all day, everyday, at night, in the pool, shower, with your man, blah blah yeah, no.

And braids, I would only wear them for like...a couple hours one day every couple months like cornrows. Some people wear them for two wks str8? Ew much? I actually love dreads, the twists not natty ones where the roots are loose and the hair is in chunks? Kinda creepy. Unless it's Bob Marley. He'd turn me to natty dreads anyday :love:

But neat dreads I love actually on non blacks especially but on blacks too :yep:

I do and have wear the Native American plaits, the two down the back or the one. :tongue:
I prefer braids and I have them in now :yep: but I'm getting a weave next thought I'd switch it up a little :laugh:
Original post by Ndella
I have my hair in braids at the moment, just until my hair grows a suitable length and overall as a protective style. I personally prefer braids as a weave - at times - can look a bit fake. Sure braids look even faker, but it suits black girls very well.

Yeah weave defo looks fake especially when we get 30" and **** lmfao and you'll see girls with blonde and red but I think if it's for fun then go for it but if you go round telling people it's yours... Ummmm... *ahem*
Reply 16
Original post by ApeMob
Weaves prevent proper care of your natural hair. Then you have to wear weaves just to hide your now more damaged hair. For special occasion to make it glamorously long or full, sure. But all day, everyday, at night, in the pool, shower, with your man, blah blah yeah, no.

And braids, I would only wear them for like...a couple hours one day every couple months like cornrows. Some people wear them for two wks str8? Ew much? I actually love dreads, the twists not natty ones where the roots are loose and the hair is in chunks? Kinda creepy. Unless it's Bob Marley. He'd turn me to natty dreads anyday :love:

But neat dreads I love actually on non blacks especially but on blacks too :yep:

I do and have wear the Native American plaits, the two down the back or the one. :tongue:

I see what you mean about the braids. I've had them in for about a month and it's always a hassle because it feels too heavy on your head, especially after washing. I'm much used to my natural hair so I'm gonna have to get used to it -_-
Reply 17
Original post by Independentisha
Maynee I was kidding, you mad? We don't 'need' to it's a choice lol.

And I don't know bout native mericans I don't know what their hair looks like.

you don't watch TV?

My photo is on my page for an example. Here's a photo of a typical Native:

Reply 18
Original post by Ndella
I see what you mean about the braids. I've had them in for about a month and it's always a hassle because it feels too heavy on your head, especially after washing. I'm much used to my natural hair so I'm gonna have to get used to it -_-

You see the photo I put up. That's the only time I wear plaits or braids lol like that. Not cornrows and I only wear those for like randomly or it's good to wear them for my PowWows, it shows culture. So maybe black people wearing braids shows culture? But weaves no.
Original post by ApeMob
you don't watch TV?

My photo is on my page for an example. Here's a photo of a typical Native:

Oh my bad. No I've never seen those type on TV tbh. It's cute. I don't think we have Native Americans in Britain though. o.O

Quick Reply

Latest