The Student Room Group

personal statement help

hiya does anyone know how to set out my personal statement and how i could include things like doing young enterprise and work experience surrounding business, this would really help thanks!
Reply 1
hey, there are various approaches you can take to writing a personal statement. one good one is writing it in chronological order of how you have pursued your passion for your chosen subject, so it flows like a story. this could be how you weave in your work experience, describing what inspired you to do it and the further research/action it prompted. additionally, it is good to center the personal statement around a particular theme, for example analysing different facets of a question with reference to your experience and wider reading. it depends partially what unis you are applying for - if you're going for oxbridge, better to keep most of the personal statement academic, and link extracurricular activities to your subject in the final paragraph or conclusion. russell group unis also call for an academic focus, but more of a balance.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily:)1
hiya does anyone know how to set out my personal statement and how i could include things like doing young enterprise and work experience surrounding business, this would really help thanks!

I would definitely use the story method. What motivated you early on? What did you do to explore this interest? What proper work experience have you done? What else have I done on the side? Then end with why you are a suitable candidate
Reply 3
I think there is a personal statement review service on TSR which you may be able to access for feedback.
Original post by Emily:)1

yes defo include that it shows ur interest for your subject beyond reading a book or two

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending