The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Questions about clearing? We are here to help!

Hi Everyone! We are here to answer any questions you may have about the clearing process at Coventry University!

Read our '8 simple steps to clearing success'

There's also some great information over on our student blog

Still have questions? Simply post below and you'll receive a reply shortly :smile:

^Elizabeth (Student Social Media Assistant)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Cov Uni
Hi Everyone! We are here to answer any questions you may have about the clearing process at Coventry University!
Just post below and you'll receive a reply shortly :smile:

There's also some great information over on our student blog:

^Elizabeth (Student Social Media Assistant)

Is it possible for Coventry to release me into clearing and how long does it take because I don't want to be disadvantaged by entering clearing late to find out that all the courses I wanted to apply at are taken up
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Leah9999
Is it possible for Coventry to release me into clearing and how long does it take because I don't want to be disadvantaged by entering clearing late to find out that all the courses I wanted to apply at are taken up

HI Leah, It is not the university who release your application. You'll need to wait until the 14th (results day) then contact Ucas directly once your application has been updated with your grades. It may be an idea to see if your preferred university offers a pre-registration clearing service like CU do and sign up to this.
Can I ask why you have decided to change university?

^Elizabeth
Student Social Media Assistant
Reply 3
Coventry is my firm and I've been told by ucas that I need them to release me into clearing me by rejecting me

Also I wish to withdraw my application because I want to go to a university which is closer to home
Reply 4
I can't even phone in to request it because all the lines are closed :frown: but I have emailed in about it
Is there anything more I can do
I need to be in clearing a.s.a.p so I can contact other universities before the courses get full up but I've heard that Coventry can take up to 10 days to update to track that I've been released :|
Reply 5
Hi Leah, this seems quite a specific situation that I'm unfamiliar with so I advise you to email the admissions team at [email protected], tell them exactly what you've told me and hopefully they will be able to help you further. Please let me know how you get on! ^Elizabeth
Reply 6
Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by Leah9999
I can't even phone in to request it because all the lines are closed :frown: but I have emailed in about it
Is there anything more I can do
I need to be in clearing a.s.a.p so I can contact other universities before the courses get full up but I've heard that Coventry can take up to 10 days to update to track that I've been released :|

Clearing does not open until the 14th, most universities offer a pre-registration for clearing which you can sign up to now - they will then ring you on the 14th and help you find a place. ^Elizabeth
Reply 8
I've been given a unconditional offer through clearing but it expires 5pm results day so if I am unable to accept it I won't have a place and I feel that Coventry will take a while to reject me into clearing so I won't have a place in neither universities which is why I really need to tell them straight away so they can hurry the process
Reply 9
The best people to help you would be the admissions office, their phone number is 024 7615 2222, However I know they are being inundated with calls and people are struggling to get through - so the email address I provided earlier will be your best way of contacting them - they usually reply within a few hours :smile:
Reply 10
Hello, can you go into clearing for a course that you originally applied for but didnt get the entry grades? In the case that the clearing entry requirements are lower than originally.
Reply 11
Hi there! It is very unlikely that we would lower our entry requirements, however each student is considered individually so please ring our clearing line on 02476791791 after 8am on Thursday 14th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest