The Student Room Group

Bad AS Level Results?

So I got 2 Us - Chem and Bio, and 2 Cs- Eng Lang and Philosophy. :frown:

My college says you have to get 3 Ds to carry onto next year. I do want to do my A Levels and go to uni. Any advice on what I should do now please?
Original post by imbatman
So I got 2 Us - Chem and Bio, and 2 Cs- Eng Lang and Philosophy. :frown:

My college says you have to get 3 Ds to carry onto next year. I do want to do my A Levels and go to uni. Any advice on what I should do now please?

I would ask to resit the year. They may allow you to do that or you can resit the subjects you did badly in. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Motorbiker
I would ask to resit the year. They may allow you to do that or you can resit the subjects you did badly in. :smile:

They said they won't allow me to resit chem and bio, or basically go anywhere near the subjects again. They also don't allow third years for me to do another A level so I'm a little bit lost. The best I could get is 2 A levels and a new AS level.
They said they won't allow me to resit chem and bio, or basically go anywhere near the subjects again. They also don't allow third years for me to do another A level so I'm a little bit lost. The best I could get is 2 A levels and a new AS level.

That seems harsh, how did you do in GCSE? How were your mocks?

They don't allow third years? Interesting..

Have you looked into other options instead of a level like a btec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
That seems harsh, how did you do in GCSE? How were your mocks?

They don't allow third years? Interesting..

Have you looked into other options instead of a level like a btec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did pretty good at GCSE- 2 Bs, 9 As, 1 A*. My mocks were basically the same as my actual results, usually U or E in bio and chem, C or B in phil and eng.

I was thinking of going back to my old school's sixth form, who are less strict on grades, and starting all over again with phil, eng, and two new AS levels, but it seems a shame to waste the two AS levels I already have. I don't think they're on the same exam board so I wouldn't be able to start A2 there this year.
I did pretty good at GCSE- 2 Bs, 9 As, 1 A*. My mocks were basically the same as my actual results, usually U or E in bio and chem, C or B in phil and eng.

I was thinking of going back to my old school's sixth form, who are less strict on grades, and starting all over again with phil, eng, and two new AS levels, but it seems a shame to waste the two AS levels I already have. I don't think they're on the same exam board so I wouldn't be able to start A2 there this year.

It may be worth staying again if you reckon you can do a lot better. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It may be worth staying again if you reckon you can do a lot better. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think if I picked the right subjects this time (no science), and took the year more seriously I could do better. I suppose I'm just a little sad about leaving my sixth form behind and my friends/teachers. :frown:

Thank you for your help :smile:
I think if I picked the right subjects this time (no science), and took the year more seriously I could do better. I suppose I'm just a little sad about leaving my sixth form behind and my friends/teachers. :frown:

Thank you for your help :smile:

It's alright. :h:

You'll know friends/teachers at your old school as well though. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest