The Student Room Group

Ways that a business can verify someone is a student

Hi,
I'm wondering whether anyone has any experience in ways that companies can verify that someone is a student? In particular, I'm thinking about online companies. I've seen several websites use .ac.uk email accounts as verification and I've always found that pretty reasonable, however, I'd quite like to help out even younger students who probably don't have these accounts. I could be wrong on that though, does anyone know if younger students have any kind of school email addresses and if not, do they have any other way of verifying their studentship?

My reason for asking is that I'm setting up a web hosting and domain name provider and I think it'd be great to get students of all ages into web development. It seems like it might only be possible to verify university students though.
Younger students at school might have 'sch' email addresses just like uni students have 'ac' ones. Not all schools use them though. But the end of their email address should still have the name of the school in it so it should be fairly easy to identify. As far as I'm aware, most, if not all, schools have their school names in the email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending