The Student Room Group

Clearing 2014

I decided to apply this year and did so in the last couple of days and i ticked the wrong box which would send it to my school for approval. Seeing that i want to enter university this year i need a clearing id. UCAS will not change it
Could i create another application which will be independant?
Also how long will it take for a clearing id
Reply 1
please ignore the above posts. I managed to make another application. The question is that do i need a reference for clearing
Yes, you do need a reference for clearing. Most universities will assume you have something to hide if you apply without a reference. However, you can still contact universities, and explain your situation to them. You may find some willing to consider you without a reference, and you won't know until you call.
Reply 3
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Yes, you do need a reference for clearing. Most universities will assume you have something to hide if you apply without a reference. However, you can still contact universities, and explain your situation to them. You may find some willing to consider you without a reference, and you won't know until you call.

Can i talk to university now with my personal id. I sent off my application just now without a reference as i will not be able to get one until next year. I do not have my ucas track yet. how long will it be for them to look at my application.
Original post by zxwert
Can i talk to university now with my personal id. I sent off my application just now without a reference as i will not be able to get one until next year. I do not have my ucas track yet. how long will it be for them to look at my application.

In clearing, you need to call the university directly, and discuss things with them. It's very likely you'll have a short interview on the phone. The university won't consider an application sent to them without calling, so call ASAP! They will also be able to give you a bit of guidance through the clearing process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending