The Student Room Group

Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015)

Hello :h: Welcome to The Current Year 11 Thread (2014/2015) :biggrin:

Now... for Ice Breakers :colone:

Ice- Introduce yourself!
- What subjects are you taking?
- What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- How do you feel about Year 11?

Who are we?

UsefulChoosing your A levels?
Advice from previous Year 11's to upcoming Year 11's
Change from Year 11 to Sixth Form
GCSE Results Day Guidance
Getting ready for a levels
A student's guide to A level reforms

From the last Year 11 thread (these were stolen borrowed without permission from Little Tail Chaser, apparently..)

Results Day Wiki Page –All the information one could possibly need about results day and the aftermath.
A-Level Wiki Page –The place for everything to do with A-levels.
Starting Sixth Form –This may seem far away, but it’s approaching fairly quickly!

Hopefully we'll all have a great last year of secondary education :woo:

:party:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Woohoo second post!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Ooh wow, very snazzy, I like it :wink:
Eeep time is flying, I cannot believe we're almost in year 11!
Reply 3
Well I cant wait to leave my Secondary School.... :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hello! Snazzy thread there. Can't believe we're in Y11!
Asfjnejbf I couldn't answer someones question!
Whoever asked what A levels Im thinking of taking: Chemistry Biology English lit(or geography) and German :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ImagineCats
Asfjnejbf I couldn't answer someones question!
Whoever asked what A levels Im thinking of taking: Chemistry Biology English lit(or geography) and German :smile:

I'm thinking of doing same as you except French instead of German :smile: What are you thinking of uni-wise?
Original post by Martie08
I'm thinking of doing same as you except French instead of German :smile: What are you thinking of uni-wise?

Ah cool took french gcse :biggrin: I'm thinking Biomedicine, then a masters in medicine perhaps. You?
Reply 9
Ah cool took french gcse :biggrin: I'm thinking Biomedicine, then a masters in medicine perhaps. You?

Something to do with healthcare; medicine, optometry, dietetics, dentistry... that kind of thing. Hopefully with those a-levels I'll be able to leave all those options open.
Something to do with healthcare; medicine, optometry, dietetics, dentistry... that kind of thing. Hopefully with those a-levels I'll be able to leave all those options open.

That's what I'm thinking too! I love biology, but I hate chemistry :s-smilie: I'm still not really certain about law Vs biomed, but I'm a bit more on the biomed side.
Taking english and german will keep the law window open if I try to kill myself over chemistry or something
IF I go into biomed, I'd either to dentistry, medicine or veterinary :smile:
That's what I'm thinking too! I love biology, but I hate chemistry :s-smilie: I'm still not really certain about law Vs biomed, but I'm a bit more on the biomed side.
Taking english and german will keep the law window open if I try to kill myself over chemistry or something
IF I go into biomed, I'd either to dentistry, medicine or veterinary :smile:

Why do you want to do biomed first?
Yeah, to be honest though for law you can literally do whatever a-levels you like if they're respected, academic ones. Which is good. :smile:
Erm I find chem difficult at times, and I love human biology but not all the animals/ecosystems stuff heh.
Why do you want to do biomed first?
Yeah, to be honest though for law you can literally do whatever a-levels you like if they're respected, academic ones. Which is good. :smile:
Erm I find chem difficult at times, and I love human biology but not all the animals/ecosystems stuff heh.

I want to do biomed firs because I'm not smart enough to go straight into medicine haha
Plus, drug research for medical purposes looks really interesting. So if I love the degree and somehow end up on a grad programme for some drug place, I'd be fine. But I've always wanted to work in a hospital :smile:
I want to do biomed firs because I'm not smart enough to go straight into medicine haha
Plus, drug research for medical purposes looks really interesting. So if I love the degree and somehow end up on a grad programme for some drug place, I'd be fine. But I've always wanted to work in a hospital :smile:

Call yourself a drug dealer :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
THE START OF THE YEAR 11 THREAD FOR THE BEST YEAR EVER! Yay

Hiiii

Well, I'm not sure if I'm smart enough but I hope I will be if I work hard. What are your GCSE predictions/targets?
Thing is grad medicine is like suuuuuper competitive.
Original post by Trihawk7
Call yourself a drug dealer :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! If all fails, I'll have plenty of ways to keep my income at a good rate :cool:
Well, I'm not sure if I'm smart enough but I hope I will be if I work hard. What are your GCSE predictions/targets?
Thing is grad medicine is like suuuuuper competitive.

I still think I'm not smart enough for biomed though, let alone chemistry a level....
I'm predicted like 3 A's, 5 B's and the rest C's. I didn't work too hard in year 10, only for things like coursework and actual exams that meant something. I'm predicted a B in English, yet all my coursework has been A-A* because I worked my butt off. The C's are in maths and RE, but somehow I moved up a set this year. In year 9 I was in the foundation set, so I got the C benchmark, then moved up in year 10 and now I'm moving up again :biggrin:
Yeaaaah I know, but I'll see if I can get enough experience. I have some contacts, and I'll work on developing those :smile:
Hey guys, I'm a year 11 (or is it 12 now :tongue:) and I like stalking other people's threads (:colone:) so feel free to ask if you want any help with anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arithmeticae
Hey guys, I'm a year 11 (or is it 12 now :tongue:) and I like stalking other people's threads (:colone:) so feel free to ask if you want any help with anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you revise and how did you get all that maths knowledge :eek: