The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Canttellyou
Thank you, I'm going to try that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile:
Anyone here want to do a Physics degree? (Hint: I do :biggrin:)

Also please tell me somebody else is procrastinating doing their holiday work :frown: I go back on Thursday haha.
Reply 982
Omg my school has changed so much it felt like the first day of year 11 I was in a new school ;o even the people have changed...
Original post by Violetvirtue
Im taking further or additional maths I can't remember which, but on OCR

That's additional maths for OCR, it's what I'm doing :smile:
Original post by Its_Tito

Wahoo, have you started going through the syllabus and stuff yet, or is it mixed in with normal maths lessons?
Wahoo, have you started going through the syllabus and stuff yet, or is it mixed in with normal maths lessons?

Yeah we have, my class (32 of us) got to do the Maths GCSE early so we did it in June with the late year 11's :smile: I got an A*, which I'm really proud of, but I guess Maths has always been my strong point.

We've only had 2 lessons so far this year, and we've done polynomials and using long division for them and stuff, how about you?
Reply 986

Looked at my textbook today and turns out OCR is the exam board I'm doing additional maths on as well :smile:
Original post by nox1
Looked at my textbook today and turns out OCR is the exam board I'm doing additional maths on as well :smile:

Ahh cool :smile: are you doing maths and additional at the same time, or did you do the maths GCSE in year 10 like me and doing this one separately?
Yeah we have, my class (32 of us) got to do the Maths GCSE early so we did it in June with the late year 11's :smile: I got an A*, which I'm really proud of, but I guess Maths has always been my strong point.

We've only had 2 lessons so far this year, and we've done polynomials and using long division for them and stuff, how about you?

Oh gosh well done :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
well I'm taking both maths and add maths this June, so we are covering both syllabuses for both add maths and maths this year but the teacher tells us when the work is additional so it goes in a separate book :smile: yeah I've had 1 lesson before, and we did a gcse topic at an additional maths standard (if that makes sense) so yeah haha
Oh gosh well done :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
well I'm taking both maths and add maths this June, so we are covering both syllabuses for both add maths and maths this year but the teacher tells us when the work is additional so it goes in a separate book :smile: yeah I've had 1 lesson before, and we did a gcse topic at an additional maths standard (if that makes sense) so yeah haha

Thank you :smile: one of my friends is in another class that does it like that, I don't know which is better personally, both great opportunities :') yeah that makes sense, good luck :smile:
Thank you :smile: one of my friends is in another class that does it like that, I don't know which is better personally, both great opportunities :') yeah that makes sense, good luck :smile:

Yeah they are :smile: good luck to you too :p:p
I've got revision classes every day of the week until 4.00pm except Wednesday. I get really tired @the end of the day. Any advice on how to get motivated whilst being extremely tired after long hours at school :lolwut:
Reply 992
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
I've got revision classes every day of the week until 4.00pm except Wednesday. I get really tired @the end of the day. Any advice on how to get motivated whilst being extremely tired after long hours at school :lolwut:

Last year of school. :yep: You'll finish what..end of may time? You then have a few exams and so so so much free time to do whatever you want. And when you get your results, if they are the grades you wanted then oh boy. You'll be so happy. Put in the work and you'll get those results. :hugs:
Reply 993
Ahh cool :smile: are you doing maths and additional at the same time, or did you do the maths GCSE in year 10 like me and doing this one separately?

Doing them at the same time, no one took any GCSEs early at my school, but I wish I'd got to take maths early and just to additional maths this year :frown:
Original post by 8472
Last year of school. :yep: You'll finish what..end of may time? You then have a few exams and so so so much free time to do whatever you want. And when you get your results, if they are the grades you wanted then oh boy. You'll be so happy. Put in the work and you'll get those results. :hugs:

Thank you, never thought time would be going this quick and like the idea of free time after exams. :yy:
Reply 995
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
Thank you, never thought time would be going this quick and like the idea of free time after exams. :yy:

It'll be more than you imagine. You may even get bored near the end of it. :lol:
Original post by nox1
Doing them at the same time, no one took any GCSEs early at my school, but I wish I'd got to take maths early and just to additional maths this year :frown:

Got to second that, but if we want to drop AdMaths we can at February.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Got to second that, but if we want to drop AdMaths we can at February.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already dropped further maths so I can't join the discussion :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nox1

Ah that sucks :/ it's becoming increasingly popular to do them early. I've got a total of 5 GCSEs (one being a qualification I think) under my belt already, some of my friends have 7....it may seem like a lot but honestly it's not all that stressful.
My 2500th post :smile:

Should be glad that I put it on this thread :tongue: jk

Latest