The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How are all of you kids finding Y11?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Is history essential?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think it is but it might be useful. Check the requirements of The Russell Group Universities just to be sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
Thank you! Can I just say, you have such nice handwriting :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phahaha - second week in and I have already contracted two colds, failed at least two pieces of coursework and passed another one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Phahaha - second week in and I have already contracted two colds, failed at least two pieces of coursework and passed another one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finding it okay :smile: have a lot of new CA's, few ISA's and gotta repeat most year 10 CA's lol so a lot of work to do.
Just hating several subjects atm; especially Art and English :/ so time consuming but I'll survive
How's life? What are you doing now?
Reply 1186

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than year 10, so far. I've got three new teachers because the teachers in those subjects left, and all three are better than my previous teacher :biggrin:

Well three weeks in already have 3 hours of homework every night, english, sciences, photography coursework which is sooo much effort and mocks coming up in early November! Yay 😖
Totally late to the scene... :awesome: HAAAAIIIII :colondollar:
I'm in Year 11 and taking the usual maths, (triple) science, english lit and lang. As my 'options', I'm taking Geography, History, French and Latin. Fun fun.
For A-levels, I'm thinking of taking: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English. (Maybe Further Maths?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's mostly carrying on work from year 10 but the fact that half of my teachers from last year left, means that I'm finding it difficult to adapt to new teachers more than half way through the GCSE course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iii
Original post by dream_and_wish

X

My mocks are in mid-late nov ^_^ and I have less homework but have to revise A LOT (all of year 10 science again because I had bad teachers and messed about) and I do art so its so much coursework.
Original post by turn-to-page394
I'm in Year 11 and taking the usual maths, (triple) science, english lit and lang. As my 'options', I'm taking Geography, History, French and Latin. Fun fun.
For A-levels, I'm thinking of taking: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English. (Maybe Further Maths?)

Hi I'm in year 11 also.. Taking Igcse maths, futher maths, additional maths, As Religious studies (philosophy side, ethics to be done in year 12), an EPQ, triple science, english lang and lit, history, french, Art this year.. I did maths and Rs last year ^_^ it went quite well :wink: for a levels I'm continuing Philosophy and ethics. I'll also be doing maths for sure.. And 2 from; further maths, biology and chemistry.
Original post by vd12345
Hi I'm in year 11 also.. Taking Igcse maths, futher maths, additional maths, As philosophy, an EPQ, triple science, english lang and lit, history, french, Art this year.. I did maths and Rs last year ^_^ it went quite well :wink:

:biggrin: Congrats? So jealous - my school will only let you take languages early - and that is if you basically are a native speaker of that language :unimpressed:
Good luck for this year anyways :smile:
:biggrin: Congrats? So jealous - my school will only let you take languages early - and that is if you basically are a native speaker of that language :unimpressed:
Good luck for this year anyways :smile:

Good luck to you too :wink: and my school let set 1 of maths and sets 1 and 2 of RS do the GCSE in year 10.. But apart from that, just native speakers for languages tbh.. Btw read my new post, it has my A level options xD
Original post by SampleX
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1411244209.144623.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1411244224.467646.jpg

This is the start of my project to make notes on everything that I need to know - I hope it helps! Good luck in the mock :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That handwriting & colours though :redface: I've done a couple mindmaps for music genres, no vocabulary revision though :biggrin:

Latin! That is just the coolest :biggrin: How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
That handwriting & colours though :redface: I've done a couple mindmaps for music genres, no vocabulary revision though :biggrin:

I've just ripped through past papers at an alarming rate xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I've just ripped through past papers at an alarming rate xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colone: Haha! For my mock I wrote that singing without instrumental accompaniment was called homophonic texture :s-smilie::s-smilie::o:S:o:(:o:S:colondollar:
am i like the only one just taking single science for gcse, i terms of the subject, anywa.

its annoying becuase most people at my school get to for like 2 at least.

and i have to take the foundation paper too.

Latest