The Student Room Group

I am a boring, nerdy 18 year old white guy... Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inachigeek21
Are you naturally smart or do you study consistently to prevail academically?

Good question when I was in primary school I never thought I was smarter than anyone else and my results were always fairly average. But when I got into secondary school I decided I did care about my results so I made an effort to work harder in lessons. I also discovered what I think is the secret to getting good results in Alevel and GCSE: doing past papers and them marking them for myself over and over in the period before exams until I was really good at doing exam papers. After that exams where easy and I aced all my subjects.

So in conclusion it's about being driven and having a good revision technique to get good results. My attitude has always been 'if other people can do it I will be able to too'.
Original post by SophieSmall
ahah indeed :tongue:

would recommend, if you can get past Tolkien's writing style that is :')

I know what you mean as I've said I read Lord of the Rings when I was much younger and for a long while afterwards I thought all epic fantasy authors wrote like Tolkein which out me off for a while. Then I discovered more modern novels tend to be written more so they are more approachable. Not that I don't like Tolkein that is.
Original post by Jackoclypse
I know what you mean as I've said I read Lord of the Rings when I was much younger and for a long while afterwards I thought all epic fantasy authors wrote like Tolkein which out me off for a while. Then I discovered more modern novels tend to be written more so they are more approachable. Not that I don't like Tolkein that is.

yeah :tongue: I enjoy Tolkien's way of creating whole worlds, languages and atmospheres but his writing style is not my favourite
yeah :tongue: I enjoy Tolkien's way of creating whole worlds, languages and atmospheres but his writing style is not my favourite

Very true I'm still impressed he invented an entire Elvish language for his novels.
Very true I'm still impressed he invented an entire Elvish language for his novels.

2 Elvish languages :wink:
Elvish has left the building
2 Elvish languages :wink:

Well doubly impressed then :wink:
Well doubly impressed then :wink:

aha I just love all things Tolkien :wink:
aha I just love all things Tolkien :wink:

Do you like the Steve Jackson Middle Earth films too or are you a book only kind of person?
Do you like the Steve Jackson Middle Earth films too or are you a book only kind of person?

I love the films too, I'm supposed to me marathon-ing them in September as a housemate hasn't seen them...so excited :')
Original post by Mr...
Aha, but he's 18 :smug:

Correct, but there's plenty of people on here who fit the demographic of both ages :wink:
I love the films too, I'm supposed to me marathon-ing them in September as a housemate hasn't seen them...so excited :')

Nice last time i tried to marathon I started too late and ended up sleeping through the second part of Return of the King.
Nice last time i tried to marathon I started too late and ended up sleeping through the second part of Return of the King.

:O blasphemy!
Why did you need to specify your race in the title?
Original post by Dilzo999
Why did you need to specify your race in the title?

Because I looked at all the other open AMA threads and everyone was doing it. Although they were mostly Pakistani, Indian, African, Scottish ect.
Because I looked at all the other open AMA threads and everyone was doing it. Although they were mostly Pakistani, Indian, African, Scottish ect.

So you're basically a sheep?
beef or chicken burgers?
how many times have you been given a blow-job?
Original post by Dilzo999
So you're basically a sheep?

Baaa
Original post by maryamzahid
beef or chicken burgers?

I love both but usually I would go for beef. Chicken burgers go very nice with rice though.

Quick Reply

Latest