The Student Room Group

I have been declined for a Career Development Loan because of bad credit rating.

Hi all,

I have been declined for a Career Development Loan for an MSc in Environmental Management because of a bad credit rating. I have got a partial bursary and a scholarship but I need to make up the rest of the costs in order to do the course. I have tried numerous charitable organisations and have had no luck. I feel as if I have exhausted all my options. Has anybody out there had a similar experience and managed to find a solution?

Cheers!
Original post by Amanda7367
Hi all,

I have been declined for a Career Development Loan for an MSc in Environmental Management because of a bad credit rating. I have got a partial bursary and a scholarship but I need to make up the rest of the costs in order to do the course. I have tried numerous charitable organisations and have had no luck. I feel as if I have exhausted all my options. Has anybody out there had a similar experience and managed to find a solution?

Cheers!

Unfortunatley there is nothing else for postgraduate students- many have to defer or decline offers due to lack of funds. You've done very well to get a partial bursary and scholarship! I suggest you work for a year to make some money.
Reply 2
Thanks Jelly1000 for your feeback. However, I am looking for imaginative ways of over coming this problem - I am determined to do it this year. So if anyone has any creative solutions it would be much appreciated.
If you're adept at social media networking and can think of something or some sort of service to offer in return, you could try crowdfunding via something like https://hubbub.net/

There are also some peer to peer lending platforms like Student Funder which may offer alternatives like having a guarantor if your credit score isn't up to scratch. Although obviously you need to look carefully at the repayment rates and how much you would have to pay back whilst you're studying.

How much exactly are you lacking? What about a part time job? It's obviously far from ideal with a masters course but if needs must. Or could you change to a part time course so you could work alongside it?
Reply 4
Hey Heidigirl,

You have some fantastic ideas!!! I will most definitely look into your suggestions. Thank you very much. I'm looking to raise £5000 initially but will need to raise an additional £7,000 to complete the course.
Reply 5
Hi all thank you for your responses so far. I have decided to raise the stakes anyone that manages to can think of a creative solution that works for me I will acknowledge them in my final dissertation as the person who helped me to realise my dream!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending