The Student Room Group

Leeds A100 Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

R...strange system if its true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophia77
They sent it a while after receiving the first email at 14:00, I got the form at 16:00. I'm assuming we print it out and fill it in by hand to bring with us? And my interview is on the same day as yours, the 13th :biggrin:

What time is yours at? I have to be there at 8.15 and the interview starts at 9.30, bit early!
Any graduates got interviews yet? They usually leave us till last :/
Original post by (Patrick)
What time is yours at? I have to be there at 8.15 and the interview starts at 9.30, bit early!

Registration is at 10:00 for me and the MMI starts at 11:00 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophia77
Registration is at 10:00 for me and the MMI starts at 11:00 :smile:

Lucky, you get a bit more of a lie in :rolleyes:
I will have to stay in Leeds the night before, where are you travelling from?
Original post by (Patrick)
Lucky, you get a bit more of a lie in :rolleyes:
I will have to stay in Leeds the night before, where are you travelling from?

I'm coming from North Wales but I think I'll stay the night before too:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh dear if they are actually doing it alphabetically I'll be waiting a while then- my surname starts with R...

Didn't know they had started sending invites already since their timeline thing said they'd start on the 12th but ah wells, just hoping for an interview!
Original post by michellem3

Nope, still waiting to hear back as well. What does your surname begin with? x
Original post by Aspiring_medic1
Nope, still waiting to hear back as well. What does your surname begin with? x

M. What about you? My bmat was not great but have loads of experience which I know they like and think I score full marks for academics.
Reply 389
Congrats to those with interviews. Good luck to those waiting. In the last couple of years, Leeds have sent out all interview offers first and then the rejections have been sent out later on. Hope you don't have to wait too long, but at least this year they are being quick. When I applied 2 years ago I didn't get an interview invite until Feb and then we didn't get our offers until 31st March!!!!
My MMI advice for what its worth is to prepare as if it was a standard interview and then just be yourself on the day and try to be confident and keep smiling, remember if one or two stations go badly it is not a disaster.:biggrin:
M. What about you? My bmat was not great but have loads of experience which I know they like and think I score full marks for academics.

Ah okay. My surname begins with an F. So this means that I should hear back soon if they going through applications alphabetically right? My BMAT wasn't that great either. Fingers crossed though.
Reply 391
Not sure about this whole alphabetical thing, my surname begins with P and I got an interview yesterday
Reply 392
Original post by Ooompalumpa
Oh wow! Congratulations! May I ask what your stats were please :smile:

Thank you!

BMAT: 8 5.9 3A
GCSEs: 10A*s 1A
AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mps26
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're bloody brilliant!
Reply 394
Original post by Ooompalumpa
They're bloody brilliant!

Yeah they have managed to get me 3 interviews, just waiting on Bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mps26
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow amazing stats, you probably got a full academic score. If they are not going through applicants alphabetically then how else might they be doing it? Reading personal statements and sending invites according to academic score maybe?
Reply 396
Original post by Aspiring_medic1
Wow amazing stats, you probably got a full academic score. If they are not going through applicants alphabetically then how else might they be doing it? Reading personal statements and sending invites according to academic score maybe?

I have absolutely no idea to be honest, it could just be completely random! I guess it could be based on academic score but I'm not too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
have any international students received interviews yet?

hope we hear soon, thought my bmat would be too low but I've seen someone with lower getting an interview so fingers crossed!
Original post by langers21
hope we hear soon, thought my bmat would be too low but I've seen someone with lower getting an interview so fingers crossed!

What are your stats? My bmat is very low although not the lowest going from the email so I probably score 2/5. Think I get full marks for academics and have loads of experience so hoping it had my PS read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending