The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting a case for a MacBook Air? If so, which one?

Is it worth getting a case for the MacBook Air if I'm going to be carrying it around a lot?

Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-matching-KEYBOARD-NEOPRENE-13-inch/dp/B00LOK2IQ4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1408719376&sr=8-7&keywords=macbook+air+13+case or something else?
A sleeve is a good idea to prevent it from getting scratched when you're carrying it around in a bag. I'm not so keen on the plastic clip on cases though, they just seem to add unnecessary bulk to a laptop - and especially to one whose key feature is it's thinness.
I have a plastic case for my mac and I think they're really good.

I have a purple Speck one - it's the one that they have on the macs they use in the Apple store.
The problem I found with the clip on cases is that they trap dirt really easily. That's why I stick to a zip up sleeve now, which prevents scratches or damage and keeps the laptop relatively clean.
Reply 4
Sleeves are the way to go! I am looking at one that they sell in the Apple Store for 30 ish pounds but also found on amazon for a tenner.

HERE

The cases are rubbish! Why add bulk to the thinness of the macbook?? Im looking to get this soon :smile:
Original post by Emilin
Is it worth getting a case for the MacBook Air if I'm going to be carrying it around a lot?

Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-matching-KEYBOARD-NEOPRENE-13-inch/dp/B00LOK2IQ4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1408719376&sr=8-7&keywords=macbook+air+13+case or something else?

They do serve a good purpose if you will be carrying it around a lot.

Worth it? That depends. I personally only use a sleeve but no shell.
If I were wanting something like this, whether it be for a laptop (Apple or not) or a tablet, would either be in a sleeve or in some sort of bag designed for it (or, much more likely, just lose in my bag). I would only buy a shell for a phone.
Reply 7
I bought this set, the sleeve is good but the shell doesn't look so good and actually makes the laptop feel noticeably heavier and looks bulkier. Also the shell got stuck on mine and took forever to get back off :/ and I don't use the keyboard protector that came with it because it feels weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending