The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

When will I hear back from accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hedwig1
Two weeks in a hotel which could be anywhere around Reading and some info on the Welcome Week.

I think I would feel happier if they just admitted they have mucked up the room allocations this year with clearing, 2nd and 3rd years. What is it with all the students who have been offering rooms from Sept to Feb? Are they all Erasmus students?

So I will give Reading two weeks to come up with a room in halls. I am not going into the private sector yet. I check the rules and if I leave after two weeks I am not liable for fees.

Looking forward to student satisfaction figures during the next two years

What have you got about welcome week? I got nothing on it yet, but i was told there was to chance of me getting a room share.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 61
We are to expect information on welcome freshers in the next few days. knowing our luck the student union will say all the wristbands have sold out because the 2nd and 3rd years have got the first lol

we should start a club called home the 400!
Reply 62
Did you get a room share? How long is that for? I'm probably going home at the end of two weeks
Reply 63
Original post by Hedwig1
Did you get a room share? How long is that for? I'm probably going home at the end of two weeks

No i didn't. but i probably will commute for a couple of weeks then see from there.
Reply 64
Omg commuting can be costly. Did they offer a hotel as an alternative for two week because you did not get a room share? It would be helpful if they actually told us where we are on any lists? Have no idea how hotel rooms they are using?
Reply 65
Original post by Hedwig1
Omg commuting can be costly. Did they offer a hotel as an alternative for two week because you did not get a room share? It would be helpful if they actually told us where we are on any lists? Have no idea how hotel rooms they are using?

No, they just said if i want a hotel to email them ASAP.
I asked them this morning, they just said the list is constantly moving.
Reply 66
Ah the infamous list! The mythical list! Who knows who is on it or if it moves at all?

Maybe accommodation has become an agenda item on their equivalent of a school SLT meeting. I see they have outsourced their accommodation to another organisation so it is not actually run by the university
Reply 67
Original post by mircat
What was your accommodation offer? I am looking for a place to stay as it seems like they cannot offer me any other option. I'd be happy to take it off your hands or if you are looking for housemates then I'd be more than happy to chip in.

i got st patricks hall and ended up taking it as i couldn't find any accommodation suitable and i wanted to stay on campus. ive suggested to people they check out Westgate lets as they help students and organise viewings ect. i looked at a place with them before agreeing to st patricks hall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending