The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York film and tv production

Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard from York for the film and tv production course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faith.winifred.
Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard from York for the film and tv production course?

I applied for film and television production and haven’t heard anything from York yet. Hopefully something comes through soon.
University of York
York

I haven’t applied for York but I am currently on a film production course and it is awful. I don’t not recommend you commence any film and/or tv course.
I've just got an interview invitation today! I'm so scared but really hope you hear back soon!!
Original post by lucyythom
I've just got an interview invitation today! I'm so scared but really hope you hear back soon!!

Omg congrats you’re the first person I’ve heard that’s got one! Good luck on the day, you’ll do amazing.
Got an offer last night!
Omg congrats you’re the first person I’ve heard that’s got one! Good luck on the day, you’ll do amazing.

Thank you! I'm sure you will hear back soon too!
Original post by Isabelladoye
Got an offer last night!

Congrats!
Original post by Isabelladoye
Got an offer last night!

Ayy!! Well done!!
Thank you! I'm sure you will hear back soon too!

Thank you! I’m hoping I want my accommodation haha
to those who have received offers, when did you send in your UCAS application? trying to see a rough time frame for my response :smile:
Original post by sracc.lauren
to those who have received offers, when did you send in your UCAS application? trying to see a rough time frame for my response :smile:

I sent mine through 1st of December
Huge congrats on those who've got offers... I have heard that there were 600 applicants for 60 places so it's a huge achievement. Can I ask... those who've got offers, were your predicted grades AAA? I've heard that this was the cut off point eg if you had AAB on your application they wouldn't even offer interview... Just wanted to see if this was correct....? Thanks!
wow really where did you hear that? i can’t speak for a levels as I’m from scotland but I’m predicted AB adv and A higher not sure if that even helps tho sorry!
I'm predicted an AB and a CTEC D* but I have an interview this week! that mustn't be right but I can imagine if they had that many applications then they'd need to have slimmed down the process in some way or another!
if you're waiting on a response, then just hold on a bit longer! You've just as much chance as anyone else, hope you hear from them soon! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi!

It's great to hear that you've applied for our Film and Television Production course! If you have any questions about York including student life, accommodation, city/campus life, just drop us a message! We're recent York graduates and are happy to help with anything you want to know!

Hazel :smile:
wow really where did you hear that? i can’t speak for a levels as I’m from scotland but I’m predicted AB adv and A higher not sure if that even helps tho sorry!

Original post by sracc.lauren
I'm predicted an AB and a CTEC D* but I have an interview this week! that mustn't be right but I can imagine if they had that many applications then they'd need to have slimmed down the process in some way or another!
if you're waiting on a response, then just hold on a bit longer! You've just as much chance as anyone else, hope you hear from them soon!

Thanks both - hugely appreciate you taking the time to reply... good to know the AAA thing is not the reality! :smile:
Original post by csimshull
Huge congrats on those who've got offers... I have heard that there were 600 applicants for 60 places so it's a huge achievement. Can I ask... those who've got offers, were your predicted grades AAA? I've heard that this was the cut off point eg if you had AAB on your application they wouldn't even offer interview... Just wanted to see if this was correct....? Thanks!

idk where you got those numbers and info from but there are around 90 available places every year for the FTP course. Also the grades thing? is sorta illegal so, that’s definitely not true. they consider anyone who has the minimum required grades which is AAB
Reply 18
I’m still waiting to hear, not sure if that means bad news…
Original post by csimshull

Both me and my friend who have good experience and an excellent application as well as having AAB for our predicted grades did not receive an interview. We also got rejected in the same day. So you might have heard right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending