The Student Room Group

What as grades do oxford want?

does everyone applying to oxford get straight As at as?
Yes, pretty much. If you don't have straight A's then you may not even get an interview with them, and also you will likely need A*A*A or minimum A*AA at A-level which would be hard unless you already have As at AS level.
Reply 2
Original post by JRFishers
Yes, pretty much. If you don't have straight A's then you may not even get an interview with them, and also you will likely need A*A*A or minimum A*AA at A-level which would be hard unless you already have As at AS level.

theyre asking for three As at for my course:s-smilie:
Reply 3
they'll look at gcse as well.......yeah, those places are tough
If you aren't getting straight A's at AS then obviously you couldn't handle oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cchocolate
does everyone applying to oxford get straight As at as?

theyre asking for three As at for my course:s-smilie:

No not everyone, although many/most will have done.
Reply 6
Original post by fluteflute
No not everyone, although many/most will have done.

Oh ok thank you
I got ABCE at as and am dropping the subject I got an E in
is it really stupid to apply:s-smilie::cool:
Oh ok thank you

Oxford are not going to give you an interview with those grades. They have hundreds of applicants applying with AAAA/AAAB; they're not going to interview somebody with an A and BCE. You are going to have a hard time getting your teachers to predict you AAA at A2 as well, with those grades.
Oh ok thank you

Which course do you want to apply for?
Reply 9
Original post by fluteflute
Which course do you want to apply for?

Human science
i know I probably seem really stupid even considering it but it's because only ucl kings Exeter and oxford offer human science
exeters too far
and I want every chance to do human science
i would only be applying to oxford on the side,not actually believing I'd get in
but would it be completely pointless applying with my bad grades:frown::confused:
Human science
i know I probably seem really stupid even considering it but it's because only ucl kings Exeter and oxford offer human science
exeters too far
and I want every chance to do human science
i would only be applying to oxford on the side,not actually believing I'd get in
but would it be completely pointless applying with my bad grades:frown::confused:

It's hard to imagine you getting an offer, although it's not impossible. If you apply as a 5th option, you've got little to loose, but don't be surprised if they don't interview you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending