The Student Room Group

p2 past paper 6 marks

Does anyone remember the 6 topics that were in P2 this june?

I really want to know what was the 6 marks questions about?
Anyone?? please
Original post by RobertMichael
Anyone?? please

Can't you just go on the AQA website and check the paper? I'm sure they've released it now haven't they?
I need for edexcel board , higher tier :|
Come one guys , anyone willing to help me? I desperately need to find out the topic , I'm not very confident with P2 and if anyone can make my life easier for just letting me know what were the topics and 6marks question..
Come one guys , anyone willing to help me? I desperately need to find out the topic , I'm not very confident with P2 and if anyone can make my life easier for just letting me know what were the topics and 6marks question..

Hey! I think it was about Quarks and the differences in Protons and Electrons for the 1st six marker, and the 2nd was something to do with forces and a car I think? (: can't remember the exact questions though!

edit: I'll get my GCSE book out and see if I can jog my memory! You've got me interested now!!

edit: sorry quarks where P3! The six markers in P2 I'm sure where to do with Nucleur Fusion/Fission & the other was Uses/Dangers of Radiation/Half life. I remember the later because some smug got bragged about writing 3 pages for it!
Every single topic was covered as P2 has 6 topics
Hope I helped!:tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I heard that nuclear fission was on of the six mark question. what i also heard about momentum was the 2nd 6mark questions.... I'm not quite sure as I didn't take that test at that time. I will be taking now and any information about that paper is welcome. My teacher told me , I might have that paper , as she told me there will something about nuclear fission/fusion and momentum ,so if you could remember surely about other topics, I will be very pleased for your help given. I've got like 2-3 days to get prepared ,and as I mentioned above , I didn't like that much unit 2 but now it's necessary for me to know everything from that unit.
I heard that nuclear fission was on of the six mark question. what i also heard about momentum was the 2nd 6mark questions.... I'm not quite sure as I didn't take that test at that time. I will be taking now and any information about that paper is welcome. My teacher told me , I might have that paper , as she told me there will something about nuclear fission/fusion and momentum ,so if you could remember surely about other topics, I will be very pleased for your help given. I've got like 2-3 days to get prepared ,and as I mentioned above , I didn't like that much unit 2 but now it's necessary for me to know everything from that unit.

It's fine! Unit 2 was a frustrating topic! Do as much revision on forces and momentum as possible as well as the processes of Nucleur Fission and Fusion, they're the only 6 markers that presented my class with major problems as they're so complex and there are so many ways to answer them!
& although static electricity seems straight forward make sure you fully understand it as in the exam I was completely stumped when it came to charge transfer between polystyrene and heated plastic!

The maths is fairly straight forward so Topic 2 is reasonably easy!
Make sure you know the properities of all of the energies and their transfers, as questions about planes/ cars ect often come up!
Revise as much as possible on Motion and Forces as there's usually 6 markers of very indepth questions around it, especially about force and motion/acceleration & Graphs!

Sorry if this wasn't much help! Just do as many past papers as possible! P2 is honestly not too bad as long as you know the basics of each topic! It's P3 where things get in depth as there's only 5 topics with a ton of medical, energy and particle content!
Good luck!!!!:smile:
Being honest with you I'd rather take p3 two more time than taking this horrible unit 2 for physics. I just don't like that topic , it seems too basic for me , although the question are the tricky ones , and that put me a step backwards, anyway I planned to finish all past papers , and hopefully find out more about that exam. Maybe someone else has a good memory and can help me to get through easily. Thx jasmine for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest