The Student Room Group

What is TV and Radio production at salford like?

I was looking at applying to salford uni for TV and Radio, does anyone know what it's like? What are the second and final year modules like?
Original post by jezmondosingh
I was looking at applying to salford uni for TV and Radio, does anyone know what it's like? What are the second and final year modules like?

Hi there!!

I always get very excited when people ask me about Tv and Radio! :biggrin:
While I cannot give any module-specific info for every year of the program, I regularly work down at Media City UK where the programme is being taught and have had a fair share of people talk to me about it - mostly current students.
On the radio side, you have real-life experience of working in a studio. Our radio studio is being used by the BBC to broadcast their own regular material. In addition, if you volunteer to be a presenter/DJ on the university's own channel called Shock Radio, you are basically good to go once you've graduated. The staff are from industry, so you will know everything there is to know about working for a radio.
On the TV side, we have the green screen studios, HD rooms and 6.1 surround-sound digital suite. All equipment is industry-standard and some staff are itv and bbc producers so you get the knowledge straight from the source. I personally think the program is amazing not only because of the facilities but also because of the teaching staff..you genuinely learn how it's done in the real world. Have you had a look at our prospectus or website or been in touch with any of the tutors to have a chat?
Hi, yeah I have had a look at the prospectus but I haven't really talked to the tutors that much yet. It seems like a very good course and it seems like you can get a lot out of it. Thanks for the info by the way, it was very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending