The Student Room Group

Do miracles happen?

So...

My firm was King's College London who requested AAA with As in Maths and F. Maths.
My insurance was Royal Holloway who requested ABB with A in Maths.

On the 14th August I logged on to UCAS at 7:30. Nothing had changed. I then refreshed every few minutes until about 8:15 (Taking breaks for breakfast and to watch my younger sister open her birthday cards and presents). At 8:15 still nothing had changed and I guessed something was slightly up so I went into school to see my UCAS coordinator. She then gave me my grades at which point my heart sank slightly. ABBB with A in maths. I got onto UCAS at that point and still nothing.

So on to King's' own application portal I went. No update there either. I used their messaging system to ask why my application status hadn't been changed. Again I spent a while sat refreshing the page before milling around with my friends as they received their results. As I was doing this something was playing on my mind. I was only 3 UMS off the A* in Maths (I also happened to be 7 off an A in Chemistry, only got 40/60 in the practical element. Why my teacher didn't make me redo it I have no idea...). I talked with my maths teacher and although he probably thought it was a bit unlikely to gain 3 UMS I decided to have a go of it anyway and requested a re-mark on C4.

Went back to the computer, still no update at all. By that time it was about 12 so I decided to go home to get some lunch. I found the phone number for King's and spent 3 hours trying to get through to them. I was told that I as I had missed my offer I was still being considered but that a decision would be made by the next morning. So, nearly 8 hours after getting up I finally had at least some information into what was going on.

The next morning I woke up and I had a decision from King's, rejection. Though I had my place confirmed at my insurance. Phew.

I was slightly disappointed but knew I still had the remark to come back. I messaged King's regardless to see whether they would reconsider if my grade increased. They got back to me a couple of days ago letting me know that I would be reconsidered in that event, though they couldn't guarantee anything as I would still be below their requirements.

Anyway, I received the results of the re-mark yesterday. I gained 2 UMS leaving me 1 UMS off an A*...

I'm now having my C3 remarked in the hope I'll go up 1 UMS. But, do you think I'll do it? After all this furore can I get the A* and hopefully get into King's?

This is an ongoing situation so I'll come back with updates as it progresses...

:s-smilie:
all you can do is wait and hope. i've got my fingers crossed for you.

Reply 2
don't lose hope, chase your dreams
Reply 3
yes, just hope for the best! :smile:
Good luck!
Original post by white boy

You chose that song to encourage the OP? I would have gone for this gem:

At least you're trying to make things work. Better doing it now than regretting not doing it later. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Samual

great track very uplifting
Reply 8
Original post by white boy

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:i laughed so much cuz of the vid u posted:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Samual

:biggrin::p:D you two XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending