The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Huge Cock Up And I Need To Switch Courses HELP

Right, I'm an idiot and there's no better time to discover you've made a massive cock up with your application than at 4 in the morning on a bank holiday when you can't immediately call some one for help.

I meant to apply for Information Technology Management For Business
(Code GN52)

When I had my place confirmed however it's turned out that I've applied for INTERNATIONAL Information Technology Management For Business
(Code GN5F)

Someone please tell me that I can change course or shall I just start sobbing now?

Any info is much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LuffyChan
Right, I'm an idiot and there's no better time to discover you've made a massive cock up with your application than at 4 in the morning on a bank holiday when you can't immediately call some one for help.

I meant to apply for Information Technology Management For Business
(Code GN52)

When I had my place confirmed however it's turned out that I've applied for INTERNATIONAL Information Technology Management For Business
(Code GN5F)

Someone please tell me that I can change course or shall I just start sobbing now?

Any info is much appreciated.

Stop being sober and start sobbing

Only advice I can give you

By the way I am sure the international programme offers you the same degree upon graduation, only that you wil be paying the international fee and will be studying alongside internationals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
A friend was In the same situation , he just called the uni and got on the itmb course through clearing just a few days ago. I'm sure if you ring them tomorrow you can get it sorted.
Original post by Med_medine
Stop being sober and start sobbing

Only advice I can give you

By the way I am sure the international programme offers you the same degree upon graduation, only that you wil be paying the international fee and will be studying alongside internationals

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not what the international bit means, at all. The degree the OP wanted to apply for relates to UK business, and the international one relates to business in other countries. International students study alongside home students, and the university is not going to be so stupid to charge the OP international fees when he is clearly a home student.
Call them this morning and say you have made a huge error

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pectorac
That's not what the international bit means, at all. The degree the OP wanted to apply for relates to UK business, and the international one relates to business in other countries. International students study alongside home students, and the university is not going to be so stupid to charge the OP international fees when he is clearly a home student.

Someone clearly has problems
Someone clearly has problems

Says the guy who boasts about cheating on his girlfriend, on an internet forum.

I gave the right explanation after you said something wrong and stupid; I don't see a problem with that.
Says the guy who boasts about cheating on his girlfriend, on an internet forum.

I gave the right explanation after you said something wrong and stupid; I don't see a problem with that.

And big problems too
And big problems too

I doubt you even study medicine like you claim, because the responses you post are always moronic.
I doubt you even study medicine like you claim, because the responses you post are always moronic.

Facepalm, get sober before talking to me
Facepalm, get sober before talking to me

BP 70/40, Pulse 80, BM 7.2, history of DVT and and recurrent pneumonia. Tell me what you'd do.
BP 70/40, Pulse 80, BM 7.2, history of DVT and and recurrent pneumonia. Tell me what you'd do.

Justified to say I have completely no idea
Justified to say I have completely no idea

Isn't that something medical students should know?
Isn't that something medical students should know?

No, not until clinical years at UCL
No, not until clinical years at UCL

I'm pretty sure they teach you about the key observations in the first few weeks, as they do with nursing students. You don't know what a low bp and a raised pulse could indicate?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm pretty sure they teach you about the key observations in the first few weeks, as they do with nursing students. You don't know what a low bp and a raised pulse could indicate?

I study at UCL, you dont.

We dont do PBL unlike most universities
(edited 9 years ago)
I study at UCL, you dont.

We dont do PBL unlike most universities

So you're telling me that a medical student at UCL doesn't know what a low blood pressure with a raised pulse could indicate? You couldn't possibly think it might be some benefit to look this up yourself, for your patients and exams? Student nurses learn this on their first day. It's pretty clear you don't study medicine; do you know what central venous pressure is? What are the signs of an infection? What does the peritoneum do?
(edited 9 years ago)
So you're telling me that a medical student at UCL doesn't know what a low blood pressure with a raised pulse could indicate? You couldn't possibly think it might be some benefit to look this up yourself, for your patients and exams? Student nurses learn this on their first day.

Post this on UCL's forum, or in fact medicine in general and we will see how many first year students can do it.

Mind you we dont have patient contact until our 4th year. I suspect this is different for nurses

We start by doing anatomy in the first year, and by the time we reach clinical year we would have the required knowledge

Medical schools have their curriculum arranged in the order that best suit to build a successful doctor so who in the world are you to comment?

Go home already

Nobody marks you, wonder why you are still talking
(edited 9 years ago)
Post this on UCL's forum, or in fact medicine in general and we will see how many first year students can do it.

Mind you we dont have patient contact until our 4th year.

We start by doing anatomy in the first year, and by the time we reach clinical year we would have the required knowledge

Medical schools have their cirriculim arranged in the order that best suit to build a successful doctor so who in the world are you to comment?

Go home already

Nobody marks you, wonder why you are still talking

Again, why do you not think it would be beneficial to know about the core observations of patients? All you've done is looked up the syllabus on the UCL website, and thought oh I'm Asian, there are loads of Asian medical students at UCL, so I'll pretend to be one of those and nobody can possibly find out.

You've studied anatomy; what's the point of a cholecystectomy? How would you stop a wound from dehiscing? What happens when the meninges become inflamed? How does insulin work? You don't know and you're not a medical student.
(edited 9 years ago)
Again, why do you not think it would be beneficial to know about the core observations of patients? All you've done is looked up the syllabus on the UCL website, and thought oh I'm Asian, there are loads of Asian medical students at UCL so I'll pretend to be one of those and nobody can find out.

You've studied anatomy; what's the point of a cholecystectomy? How would you stop a wound from dehiscing? What happens when the meninges become inflamed? How does insulin work? You don't know and you're not a medical student.

On the mod's note we digress, so this will be my final post

Check your inbox, pmed you a scan of my offer letter

I have 6 A*s in A levels, 100% in all further math modules. Want me to also pm you my certificates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending