The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
If you are going into 1st year you are guaranteed a place on campus, if you want to share with randoms contact the university accomadation office who will put you in contact with local letting agents etc.
University of York
York
Reply 2
dandan
If you are going into 1st year you are guaranteed a place on campus, if you want to share with randoms contact the university accomadation office who will put you in contact with local letting agents etc.

im going into the second year, and have no "friends" etc with whom to share a house. Ill see what the accom office say then, thanks

--Joe
There's a notice board outside Costcutter on campus which has the odd advert for a housemate... might be worth a shot.
Reply 4
The accommodation might find you a place to stay on campus. Give it a try.
Reply 5
If not go onto York Small ads on the Uni website, loads of rooms advertised there.
Reply 6
Sorry to here you have no friends Joe, I will be your friend :smile: .

Firstly contact the accomadation office, they may have something, they usually do have a few spare rooms as foreign students often only stay for a term or so - happened to me in first year, had a free room on in my flat, 2nd term there was some German bird in there, then she disappeared again.

Next contact the student Union, there is also a notice board opposite the Union office with loads of house ads on it. Also the local Loot paper may be worth a go.

You could also try emailing you department and ask them to put an email out to fellow students to ask if they have a spare room.

To be honest you should find somewhere, there are more houses than students this year as there were last.

Latest