The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
aaah the automatic is playing at our freshers gig?! how the hell do we get tickets? quick!!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
yeah :p: on wed 4th

the tickets sold out ages ago tho...
Reply 3
****. how could we not know? its a freshers thing so surely it should be priority for freshers and they hadnt even told us!!
Reply 4
****. how could we not know? its a freshers thing so surely it should be priority for freshers and they hadnt even told us!!
i dunno :confused:
but i saw it in nme back in june... thought im going to that - assumed i would get in :p: and bought my ticket - ive only got 1 mind!

there are other bands playing as well - wanna see the young knives on sun - look at the su website
Im not buying any tickits because if i go to some gig and no one i know by then is going, its not going to be much fun. I bought a sports rec card though. Well to be more acurate, my parents bought me a sports rec card.

Has anyone got their welocome packs yet? Im getting anoyed...

No welcome pack
Student loan company are no telling the university that i applied for a loan (was my insurance)
no accomodation!
Reply 7
Ditto *titanium*

SLC aren't being very co-operative at the moment, I asked for a change of details form for my tuition fee loan and yet I still get confirmation of the tuition fee loan going to my firm (KCL) instead of Soton and on top of that, I get another maintenance loan form instead. Whaaat!? :s-smilie:
Sarah H
Ditto *titanium*

SLC aren't being very co-operative at the moment, I asked for a change of details form for my tuition fee loan and yet I still get confirmation of the tuition fee loan going to my firm (KCL) instead of Soton and on top of that, I get another maintenance loan form instead. Whaaat!? :s-smilie:

I phoned them up today, they said they got my form on monday and that it will take 2-3 weeks to process.
Reply 9
:O no way! I had to apply for a maintenance loan too (cos I was intending to stay at home with my firm)...I got told on another forum just tp pester them till it gets sorted, apparently it'll get sorted quicker...
Sarah H
:O no way! I had to apply for a maintenance loan too (cos I was intending to stay at home with my firm)...I got told on another forum just tp pester them till it gets sorted, apparently it'll get sorted quicker...

Have you got accomodation yet? The pestering thing is not working with that, 3 phonecalls and every time its longer and longer till i get my place. The first and second times i would defintly get a place by have now both passed.
Reply 11
Accommodation is all sorted (Montefiore 4, if you wanted to know, not that you did...), surprised that I got what I asked for, what with being an insurance student *shrugs*

But I just want all the finance to be sorted, just to save me worrying last minute...and it's only just over 3 weeks till we move in right?
Sarah H
Accommodation is all sorted (Montefiore 4, if you wanted to know, not that you did...), surprised that I got what I asked for, what with being an insurance student *shrugs*

But I just want all the finance to be sorted, just to save me worrying last minute...and it's only just over 3 weeks till we move in right?

when did you apply for accomodation and do you know any one who applied through clearing and has accomodation.

You have nothing to wory about because you will get the loan eventualy, i am not guarnteed acomodation.
Reply 13
I did it way before the 1st August deadline, I think...I got prompted by email to do it, so I got it out of the way.

But don't you get allocated a twin room and then you're guaranteed accommodation withing first 6 weeks? Cos that's what I read somewhere...
Sarah H
I did it way before the 1st August deadline, I think...I got prompted by email to do it, so I got it out of the way.

But don't you get allocated a twin room and then you're guaranteed accommodation withing first 6 weeks? Cos that's what I read somewhere...

they say a lot of things. I should have applied earlier thing is i chose Southampton as the only other place i wanted to go to. This meant my firm and insurance both wanted AAB i didnt actualy think there was any chance of me going to Southampton as if one uni rejects me they both will.

That was not the case so i applied for accomodation on the 17th of August.
Reply 15
Ah. You'll sort it out somehow though right?

Latest

Trending

Trending