The Student Room Group

Are there any ways to get rid of acne scaring?

I have a number of scars but how can I get rid of them? They are really bothering me and I don't wear make up at all so they are out on show.
Does anyone have any methods to get rid of them?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonokay
I have a number of scars but how can I get rid of them? They are really bothering me and I don't wear make up at all so they are out on show.

Have you heard of dermaroller (collagen treatment)?
Original post by Autistic Merit
Have you heard of dermaroller (collagen treatment)?

No
No

I would suggest visiting a cosmetic dermatologist if you have one in your town. I am currently using dermaroller for my severe acne scars on my cheeks, temples and forehead. Since I'm in early stages, I can't tell you whether it will work at all or not sadly.
Original post by Autistic Merit
I would suggest visiting a cosmetic dermatologist if you have one in your town. I am currently using dermaroller for my severe acne scars on my cheeks, temples and forehead. Since I'm in early stages, I can't tell you whether it will work at all or not sadly.

Oh Okay, thank you, I shall go see them :smile:

As far as I know, there are creams to heal scars, available from a dermatologist. Honestly, if this is something that's bothering you, make an appointment with a dermatologist. They can talk you through your options. :smile:
Diluted lemon juice on scars
Reply 7

I had really bad ache, for which I took medications, two years ago. It left really prominent marks. I'd recommend using natural ingredients. I've been using honey combined with natural yoghurt, tumeric & clay for a year now. It's really effective, not only does it get rid of ache marks but it also gives your skin a healthy glow.

I've tried all the drug store products and nothing works.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lil08
I had really bad ache, for which I took medications, two years ago. It left really prominent marks. I'd recommend using natural ingredients. I've been using honey combined with natural yoghurt, tumeric & clay for a year now. It's really effective, not only does it get rid of ache marks but it also gives your skin a healthy glow.

I've tried all the drug store products and nothing works.

I tried using drugstore products but they give me more breakouts.
I'll try the honey one, I don't really know where to get clay from :s-smilie: haha. thanks
Reply 9
I tried using drugstore products but they give me more breakouts.
I'll try the honey one, I don't really know where to get clay from :s-smilie: haha. thanks

Mix those together. :tongue:

Haven't used this myself, but I've read good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Cleansing/dp/B0014P8L9W

Don't use too much of the clay, however, as it does dry skin out.
Original post by Lil08
Mix those together. :tongue:

Haven't used this myself, but I've read good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Cleansing/dp/B0014P8L9W

Don't use too much of the clay, however, as it does dry skin out.

Ordering now! Thanks
Reply 11
Bio oil is absolutely amazing for scars!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Bio Oil works for sure
And Aloe Vera is good as well.
I use aloe vera every night before I go to sleep.
This will work really well. Acne.org sell a regimen which works like a miracle. It's pricey but we'll worth every penny. Good luck ! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I had a severe acne when I was in year 10-11 but now it has subsided and DID leave prominent acne scars.
I've been using Garnier's PureActive (morning) scrub and (night) face wash and it has gotten rid of them! Honestly, if you saw me now you wouldn't have thought I suffered from bad acne!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find sudocrem and Bio Oil works well
Anything with BHA in like Paula's choice BHA exfoliant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im currently on roaccutane and last month I found this amazing product from boots around £10 its NIP + Fab Glycolic scrub fix. Its working wonders on my hyperpigmentation scars/marks and it exfoliates the skin gently with its acid to decrease all marks and blemishes and dull skin and mild scars. Its not harsh or anything Im so happy I stumbled upon it.
Oh Okay, thank you, I shall go see them :smile:

Trust me Dermaroller works really well for acne scars you need to wait atleast 4-6 weeks before seeing any kind of improvement but it's amazingly effective on acne scars trust me I don't really suffer from acne But I've heard from dermatologists that dermaroller works wonders on acne scars, But thats just my opinion.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest