The Student Room Group

Access to HE - should I do it?

I am looking to study Paramedic Science at University and I have completed my A-levels and I got BCD. As most universities are asking for higher than these grades I am looking at doing an Access to Higher Education course. Could anyone tell me whether I would benefit from doing an access course or if it will affect my application?
Can anyone answer this question? I'm looking at a access to higher education course also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
can anyone help??
Original post by lmb99
can anyone help??

I'm thinking the same. Because sixth form starts soon n I don't have the mental energy to retake all over again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help? This is really important the more advise the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Have you only just done your A levels?
Reply 6
An access course is very beneficial yes and is like a starting base to go into many healthcare related feilds. Nearly all universities accept accesses qualifications. I do recommend doing a foundation year at for example the university of Hertfordshire also known as an extended science and after completion of that 1 year course you will be eligible to apply for bsc degrees at many universities. Paramedic science certainly is included in the long list of courses you are eligible to get into. 40% is the minimum pass grade in order to pass the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but I'm going to take a year out, find myself then do an access course next year hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending